Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add the wing that looks like this ..

Anyone have one they can vouch for in quality/fitment etc?

Thank.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just finished installing my replica wing. Ask me questions if you need.
Wow I didn't even realize there was a deck lid on there too.. I pretty much would like a replica not wanting to spend $500 on a type R OEM.

Any specific brands or sources of replicas would be great!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow I didn't even realize there was a deck lid on there too.. I pretty much would like a replica not wanting to spend $500 on a type R OEM.

I got mine (fiberglass replica) on ebay from K2Motor for 105$ and it works perfectly, I just had to be a little more careful with my measurements and drilling my holes. Other than that, definitely worth the money. Hopefully it lasts.

·
SSM DC5
814 Posts

By the time you buy a replica.... Then cost to paint it... You'll save yourself what? $100 for a fake. Lol just buy OEM it will not break on you trying to install it. All you have to do is drill the factory holes that are already marked

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
That's like the requisite first mod for an RSX, until your car looks good enough everywhere else that taking it back off might improve the looks, haha! If you're not lowered on nice wheels and a lip kit, get a wing!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By the time you buy a replica.... Then cost to paint it... You'll save yourself what? $100 for a fake. Lol just buy OEM it will not break on you trying to install it. All you have to do is drill the factory holes that are already marked
Since I saw them on eBay for $500 I figured I was saving myself $$300-400 ?

I do realize a ton of people have this. I figure no one will really tell the difference with a good one. Maybe I am just being ridiculous.. thats why I need you guys! lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's like the requisite first mod for an RSX, until your car looks good enough everywhere else that taking it back off might improve the looks, haha! If you're not lowered on nice wheels and a lip kit, get a wing!
Thinking of a lip kit possibly too. Still trying to figure out if I want to do a 05-06 conversion in rear , front or both. the 03 headlights are definitely growing on my but need to be redone and re-cleared. So that is definitely in the works. Just sort of planning at this point.

·
SSM DC5
814 Posts
Since I saw them on eBay for $500 I figured I was saving myself $$300-400 ?

I do realize a ton of people have this. I figure no one will really tell the difference with a good one. Maybe I am just being ridiculous.. thats why I need you guys! lol
Well I'm the kind of guy that when I do something I do it right.

How are you saving 400 lol u would need to pay a shop to paint match the wing to your car.... Unless you are skipping that too lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
+1 on the gurney flap, my girl got me one for my birthday, can't have it til next month though :/
Yeah I really like the flap. As far as doing it right , I'm still considering the OEM but entertaining a good replica too, I have a shop that can do the paint match for a good price. Either way , OEM or not I was thinking I would have to get it painted so that's where the $400 came from.

Can anyone confirm the fitment of the flap in a certain replica?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts