Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

WHO HAS DENTS?

• Yes, my car has been dented/dinged DURING first year of ownership.

Votes: 1,296 69.0%
  • Yes, my car has been dented/dinged AFTER first year of ownership.

Votes: 347 18.5%
  • No, I have not had any dents/dings so far (Dent Wizard, etc. does not count)

Votes: 234 12.5%
1 - 20 of 661 Posts

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who has dents?

This weekend I washed my car and to my dismay, there it was in all it's glory...my first door dent, I do not know who was the responsible party. I estimate it happened in the last five days.

I have only had my RSX for 7 months. I did shed a tear when I discovered it. Why? 1st, because I take good care and precautions to park it in safe areas, and it is always clean. 2nd, because I am nuts. :laughing:

There was some white/gray paint leftover on the surface from the individual who so kindly probably kicked their door out creating the blemish. I removed the paint with some cleaner wax but there are still some scratches and of course the dent.

It's hard to tell from this photo, but the dent is about 2.5 inches in height and can be seen from a good distance away.

I would like to know how many of you have had dents/dings (not from car accidents), and how long you have had your car before receiving one. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Two years old and dent and scratch free. I do have once small scar on bumper from collecting a rock on the interstate. But that's it.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Silver Mule said:
Two years old and dent and scratch free. I do have once small scar on bumper from collecting a rock on the interstate. But that's it.
I hate you! :laughing: ;)

I think I am going to have mine fixed in the Spring/Summer. I hate seeing my car like this, it totally screws up the lines of the car. I'm just going to have to be more vigilant about where I park. Hopefully if I get more dents it will be between now and Spring since it's cheaper to get a couple done at once instead of on seperate occasions.

Frosty, do you have any plans to get your dents repaired?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Yeah, I'm just REALLY picky about how and where I park. Parking is where 99% of all dings happen, you know. Knock on wood, I've been lucky so far.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the thing, I AM really anal about where I park. I mean, almost obsessive. So the fact that this has happened really ticks me off. I think maybe it happened when I was parked at the train station far away from everyone...when I came back there was a car parked next to me, a white wagon. But the sides of my car had salt on it so I couldn't see anything even if something did happen...and I did do a walk around.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was just thinking of posting this thread the othe day when i discovered my 2nd(!) door ding on the passenger side:mad:

This is irony- i had a jeep wrangler for 5 yrs before i traded it in for my rsx. During those 5 yrs i beat the hell out of that thing offroad, and when i traded it in the only exterior damage it had was one tiny dent on the rear quarter panel. On the other hand, i've had my rsx for LESS than 5 months and have tried to take great care of it. But during this time i've had:
1) a rock from a truck fly out and chip my windshield
2) another rock chip the paint off in two spots on the hood
3) someone back into it at the grocery store and take off ($700 damage)
4) a passenger side door ding (at the mall)
5) a 2nd pasenger side door ding (from i don't know where)
:jigglemad:

i do believe i'm jinxed!

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
salem said:
I was just thinking of posting this thread the othe day when i discovered my 2nd(!) door ding on the passenger side:mad:

This is irony- i had a jeep wrangler for 5 yrs before i traded it in for my rsx. During those 5 yrs i beat the hell out of that thing offroad, and when i traded it in the only exterior damage it had was one tiny dent on the rear quarter panel. On the other hand, i've had my rsx for LESS than 5 months and have tried to take great care of it. But during this time i've had:
1) a rock from a truck fly out and chip my windshield
2) another rock chip the paint off in two spots on the hood
3) someone back into it at the grocery store and take off ($700 damage)
4) a passenger side door ding (at the mall)
5) a 2nd pasenger side door ding (from i don't know where)
:jigglemad:

i do believe i'm jinxed!
LOL, dude, that sucks! Come to think of it, I also have a crack on my windshield which happened during the first month of owning the car. :firemad:

I think the problem here is over-awareness. Like if you're walking with a cup of hot liquid in your hand and someone says to you "be careful, don't spill it", you are more likely to spill it. It's a proven fact. My Civic never have any dents like this in the four years I had been driving it...and that car is 13 years old. I was just more nonchalant about it. I cared about it but I wasn't as meticulous.

·
Registered
417 Posts
1 year, 16K miles. 0 dings and 0 dents. Have stone chips on the front bumper, thats about it.

I always park farthest away from everyone and even double park still because you will still get the odd idiot that will park beside you just for the hell of it and you don't know whats gonna happen. I avoid bringing my car to crowded places (theaters, downtown, etc)

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've had my car less than a month and I already have 2 rock chips on my hood. errrr.

Btw have you guys tried paintless dent removal...I work at a dealership and we use them and those guys work wonders. you should look into it...its pretty cheap.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dent wizard rocks! I had a tiny dent on the car when I picked it up new off the lot so they fixed that for free. You can't even tell that it was ever there.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
dents suck. once a year i get the removed, maybe $100 each year on getting dents/dings removed. id say i had about between 10-15 dings in only two years. i found a guy that charged by panel so thats why it wasnt that much for all the dings.

·
Registered
971 Posts
i have dents .. shoot i just got another one last friday! looks like some asshole kicked my door since the dent is horizontal and not vertical. i have other dents, but they aren't as bad as this one. i was thinking of getting this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2368077034&category=303 it's the cheapest one i could find, but i don't know if it works. can anyone give me some input on whether i should get it?

here's a pic of the dent:

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
None of those products work very well. I know a couple of people on the site have tested them out, and it only really works on super shallow dents. If I was you, I would just get the Dent Wizard to fix it for you.

And, yeah...that definitly looks like someone kicked your door! Maybe it was a shopping cart? That sucks. :(

·
Registered
971 Posts
EternalBlue said:
None of those products work very well. I know a couple of people on the site have tested them out, and it only really works on super shallow dents. If I was you, I would just get the Dent Wizard to fix it for you.

And, yeah...that definitly looks like someone kicked your door! Maybe it was a shopping cart? That sucks. :(
thanks for the info. i know for sure it wasn't a shopping cart cuz i went to a restaurant and the lot was pretty full. i'm pretty upset, i should've taken a picture of the cars i parked next to since i had my camera :jigglemad

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Can't win, park were near, get door dings, park far, get vandalized. Shit happened to me after 10 months and it's not bad karma. I once dinged a car, left a note, then paid $350 to have a .5" dent fixed on a stranger's car.

1 - 20 of 661 Posts