35,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have it??

im getting it with my sign on bonus in may and id like to hear some opinions

yes im staying all motor

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Is it even on sale yet? Good luck with that though. At the moment if you go the dough then toda is the way to go.

·
Nobody knows but Jeebus..
14,888 Posts
Won't you need new software to run the new cams? I'm just asking, I don't know.

I'm in the same boat as you bro...I buy things annually, typically when i get a bonus check or a tax refund. This year its an exhaust - then header probably. but good luck with the purchase!

·
Honda4Ever
7,580 Posts
I would wait till summer if I were you. Crower is coming out with stuff, so is JUN. Give it time my son, patience is a virtue. There will always be something better...

I'm staying NA too and waiting is killing me but alas, I have another more important purchase to make very very soon :)

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
HardWired71 said:
I would wait till summer if I were you. Crower is coming out with stuff, so is JUN. Give it time my son, patience is a virtue. There will always be something better...

I'm staying NA too and waiting is killing me but alas, I have another more important purchase to make very very soon :)
you're a smart man:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Fuck Crower. Go Toda. Just ask Erick Aguilar.

Crower belongs in muscle boats.

·
Registered
327 Posts
BigDawg said:
Fuck Crower. Go Toda. Just ask Erick Aguilar.

Crower belongs in muscle boats.

Crower Honda cams breaks into pieces and destroy motors. Crower's just after a fast buck, they don't do any proper R&D. Their version of R&D is putting prototype cams into people cars :rolleyes:

·
- - - - - - -
3,186 Posts
I would keep my eye on Jun, however, it's a fact that better things will come. How long do you anticipate to mod up your car though? By the time the best product is released for our N/A cars, R&D for our cars would have become old technology because a newly developed engine would have more potential. Patience may be a virtue, but don't wait too long.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Thats true, Jun makes good products. When it comes to N/A applications though, Toda is outstanding. The B-Series has been out for well over a decade and there are record holding b-series engines out there that run Toda's products(which have also been around for years). That is why I stated that about Erick Aguilar. He has ran 9 second passes in an All-motor Civic coupe with a GS-R B18C1 engine that is equipped with Toda camshafts. Toda also ran the best time ever on the Tsukuba in an S2000 back in december.

There will continue to be great products released, and the K-series will not be old hat for a long time.

I personally can't wait to see how Skunk2's all-motor RSX performs next season. Tony Shagday was a formidable opponent before in an all motor Integra. Now he will be running an alcohol-injected K24/K20 hybrid.

·
iSauce- Tons of it 4vr
35,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it may be a matter of patience. may -june area is expected time if upgrade. i dont wanna hold the money to long or ill spend it else where. ill research some JUN products as I know they are great. toda has always been a great performer

·
My motor is my stereo
439 Posts
I think the N2 kit is awsome...and you dont really need there header right yet, you will just be missing some power..

as of N/A power...I am still on TODA's side, yes spoon made a B16 rev to 11,000 rpms and made upwards of 250+ hp, and JUN has there little B16/18's that are quite quick, but TODA is the only outstanding mark in N/A tuning for Honda for me. They DO there research!!!:thumbsup:

I have a EP3 civic si.....gonnna get a k20A2 head soon....:D and go'in TODA:evilangel

·
Must...stop...modding!!
3,953 Posts
I was going to get these in the next couple of months but I think Im going to hold off and fix my tranny up first. New things will come out which will leave me with more of a choice, and who knows...maybe more powerful cams will come out. Patience is a virtue!

·
Honda4Ever
7,580 Posts
Tranny is key before anything, if you don't have a new clutch fly lsd before upgrading your engine you'll regret it. Have to be able to hold the power and put it to the ground.

As for me I'm getting the exedy organic clutch fly and quaife lsd. :)

·
Terminator
4,861 Posts
Yup LSD, Clutch and fly first. Also Toda offers the"kit" which has a reflash, those other cam companies will probably just offer the cams and you will have to tune them yourself with the Prog. Hondata ECU on a dyno $$$. So the money may equal itself out. It takes the guesswork out of it for us weekend warriors.

·
iSauce- Tons of it 4vr
35,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i have hondata so 1800 for the kit is a good deal. will more then likely get toda race header with sway bar. that is 1200 on toda's site ill have 2g left over for flywheel and lsd.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts