Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an honest queshtion.

I want to know who is really shooting for 11s and under (this year - no way in the future impossible stories please). I know a few are for sure Mikey, JDKindle, EDO, Chris Dye, a bunch of the turbo/NOS guys (don't really know any of you yet). My work is starting to pick up and in the next few months I think my S needs to be a track only car. I put this up just so I know who to watch and learn from.

post up...

-eric

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
12's daily driver, im only 17 :( As time comes maybe i'll shoot for 11's if it seems within my reach but for now I am aiming for mid 12's daily driver/slicks/full interior (mostly).

I'll be keeping an eye out for you guys as well, and good luck!!!

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
im giving up and selling the dc5... too much BS with warranty, tired of battling with those morons... gonna downgrade to a gsr and go turbo.... hehe.. good luck to the rest of ya'll

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True - you do gotta have $ to fix up the K series/RSX right now. It will be worth it though. As people start to crash them (here and Japan) more and more, the cost will start to go down for the motors/trannys/etc...

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
I hope your not expecting to see an all motor rsx run 11's anytime soon. One step at a time, and the next step is for an all motor rsx to run 12's

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear you. But it was open to all RSXs. Turbo/NOS included. Also see that I am talking about an 11 = 11.99... ya know...=)

-eric

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
if cybernation would slap some slicks onto their company rsx (stage 2.5) (479whp xxxtq?), they would run 11's for sure, although they just about have no 2nd gear in that car what so ever lol. Wunluv has the cybernation stage3, and is in the process of being finished right now, she already has the base brakes on her car, I know that once she gets it running she will put some slicks on there and go to the track.

When we had the rsx meet at cybernation they dynoed her (wunluv) car that night, last I heard/saw was [email protected] of boost. I have a video of it if anyone would like to host it for me.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
APEXiTypes said:
I hope your not expecting to see an all motor rsx run 11's anytime soon. One step at a time, and the next step is for an all motor rsx to run 12's
I bet it isn't that far away with the advancements being made.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is wunluv's tranny set up?

-you can never say anyone "would" run #s. I have seen people with lots of power run very slow (ya know).

-with that said - these are the people I want to hear from as they make the passes. Lets kick this up a level, when they break things I want to know, when they hit #s I want to know, and etc...

-eric

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Ericcarver1 said:
This is an honest queshtion.

I Mikey, JDKindle, EDO,
-eric
I know you opened the window to anyone........But 3 out of 4 names you mentioned are all motor.....

Just something I noticed.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just because I don't really know any of the FI guys yet - but I would like to...

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is not a war. I really need to learn. I don't know enough to get deep into this yet. I have some $, but not $ to burn. No matter how you make the HP -at the crank- everything after that gets really equal at high HP levels...

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
If you look at raw numbers, 270 whp in a 2800 pound car would be most likely enough to break into the 11s....sadly with fwd, breaking into 12s can be an issue.....Im looking to pull a 290-300 whp dyno, then put a grand or so into suspension to get the power to the ground....anyone have any good suggestions?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would never shoot for 11's in a car weighing more than 2200 lbs. And I could take that out of the RSX in a weekend...

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
I would take out some weight but i would not want to strip the whole interior into an all out drag car....

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RsxManJoe - thats why this post is not for you. I don't want to be a dick, but It's not an opinion poll so don't bother posting.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I want to get my car as light as possible, but I dont want to gut it too much since it'll be my daily driver. Got it down to 2600 with no gas, no passenger seat, back seats, spare, sub, carpets.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And thats just the easy/free stuff. 400 more lbs would be easy.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts