Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
hello!!!
173 Posts
I'm running it and it is awesome! I don't run Auto-X but will be heading to Road Atlanta in June.. I can tell you that the extra Revs are very nice... I'm not sure if my tach is off up high but I can take it up to around 88-8900 now..

·
K20
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I drag race and i have hondata i take it to 8800, just wondering if u think it's going to fuck something up if your running it to 8800 a bunch of times? I don't think it will but im just trying to see what people think that have been running hondata for a while.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
RSX8600 said:
I drag race and i have hondata i take it to 8800, just wondering if u think it's going to fuck something up if your running it to 8800 a bunch of times? I don't think it will but im just trying to see what people think that have been running hondata for a while.
You'll be fine. I have been revving to 8600rpm every day for over a year with out a single problem.

·
Yes, thats my email.
1,211 Posts
Thats not true. If you have a 2002 or earlier you will fuckup your valve train if you rev past 8100 on stock springs. Do not do it. It is a costly repair.

·
K20
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i don't think thats true got a bunch of friends with hondata on 02's plus i have a 03 which has s2000 springs. I know alot about running the hondata ecu im just seeing if alot of people that auto-x are using it and how they're motors running and how they like it.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Thats not true. If you have a 2002 or earlier you will fuckup your valve train if you rev past 8100 on stock springs. Do not do it. It is a costly repair.
Thats funny, I have an 02. ;)

·
Yes, thats my email.
1,211 Posts
Well you dont have to beleive me. Just look up the posts about people who have had valve float. The stock 02 springs will not last forever revving to 8600. One day it will be a problem.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Well you dont have to beleive me. Just look up the posts about people who have had valve float. The stock 02 springs will not last forever revving to 8600. One day it will be a problem.
There was a grand total of 3 or 4 people that had a problem, and it was never proven if the car itself couldn't handle it, or if the driver mis-shifted. That 3 or 4 people make up less then .001% of all people with Hondata. Not nearly enough to convince me there’s a problem with the 02 valve springs.

·
baby buffett
4,805 Posts
unless you have a custom K-Pro program, you are not revving at 8800, you are revving at 8600. This is Hondata #4.

·
Headlight Guy
6,773 Posts
I have an 02 and #4 and I haven't had any problems. I do have the older double spring config. as well. Before stating something you beleive to be true you should check the facts. Hondata told me they tested both spring types with the increased rev limit for countless hours with no problems. Ask them yourself if you don't want to believe it. As for people floating their valves it was always due to driver error, a miss-shift, you find me one that wasn't.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
There must have been some reason that they changed the valvesprings in 2003.
Im sure Honda didn't change them so us Hondata owners could rev safely too 8600-8800rpm. Their motive was mis-shifts. Single, stronger, valves springs handle mis-shifts better then dual valve springs.

BTW, I don't know if you have seeing this thread yet, but you should check it out ([email protected])

Cybernation Meet

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Yeah, I checked that out, Im really excited to see all the new turbod cars. I went to the one that was a few months ago too. Are you gonna be there?
Yes, of course I am......I am one of the people planning this meet. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.