Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello folks,

I was just getting ready to send out MY personal ECU to Hondata.

One dealer ONLY uses FedEx Express Saver = $92 + NO tax included at checkout = $886 total ( for return ship and KPRO )

A different dealer uses 3 different methods of return shipping from UPS + $48 tax = $845 - $853 total ( for return ship and KPRO )

=============

My eyebrows are raised because PRE-paid RETURN shipping from either UPS or FedEx + Insurance SHOULD only be around $30 max .

Bad enough KPRO went up $100 back in July.

And now to pay around $90 just for RETURN shipping to Georgia.

That's nutz bro.

=============

So can anyone send some links to some dealers that have reasonable RETURN shipping ( IE - are not padding the cost ) ?

Thanks.

. . .

Registered
I mean, you're already paying $800 for Kpro, what's another $100 to make sure shipping doesn't lose your precious ECU? You gotta pay to play with Kpro. I remember sending my ECU for Kpro and spending around $120 with UPS.

Super Moderator
The dimensions and weight are factors in the cost in addition to the distance, plus the fuel surchage. These companies might have some kind of policy where you pay a flat fee regardless of actual shipping cost, but freight/shipping have been incredibly expensive for a while now. Depending on where those dealers are located, those prices don't seem too inflated. You might have paid $30 to ship something before Covid happened, but those days are long gone.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dimensions and weight are factors in the cost in addition to the distance, plus the fuel surchage. These companies might have some kind of policy where you pay a flat fee regardless of actual shipping cost, but freight/shipping have been incredibly expensive for a while now. Depending on where those dealers are located, those prices don't seem too inflated. You might have paid $30 to ship something before Covid happened, but those days are long gone.
Hello Mfarkas.

Thanx for the reply.

But I got the $30 quote last week from FedEx and UPS , insured.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I don't remember ever paying for return shipping when I purchased kpro. I paid to ship my ecu to hondata and that was it and they just shipped it back.
I found a few dealers that charge nothing.

Returns are already included at regular price of the KPRO.

So it seems some dealers are adding more to the price ( AKA - Lining their own pockets )

. . .

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As a follow-up . . .

For 3-Day UPS shipping + $400 insurance, I paid $22 .

Sent my ECU out on the 16TH and got the KPRO back in my hands on the 23RD .

Just 7 days turnaround time through an " Exchange Program " .

(y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts