Vortec for me please!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I'de like one.

·
Registered
529 Posts
You all say you want one but I bet only one or maybe none of you will actually get it if it comes out. :p

If the gains are the same on what you get for a Si...it's kinda a waste of money. The JRSC for the Si runs about $4000, and the street legal version only puts 170-something to the wheels. The Si's already dyno 130-140 to the wheels. That's $1000 per 10 HP. You can get a turbo kit for cheaper and put a lot more HP to the wheels.

·
Registered
247 Posts
i agree....i would like to see more effort put into the base for forced induction .....but i think jackson racing's numbers are pathetic.........they say it makes 30-40 extra horses for the type-s.........so if its the same ....if not less for the base......then it's totally not worth it.........anyways all the power is in the top end of our cars.....a supercharger will make more power at the top end.....but what good will it do when the guy next to us with a turbo is 3 car lenghts ahead of us of the line??????....i think that a turbo is by far the best way to go............it will give better low end torque .......... while increasing horsepower thru a wider band of power......so now instead of the car taking of at say 3500-4000 rpm like it would with a supercharger.....it will pull hard from like 2500 all the way to 6500

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Yes, but superchargers are more reliable.

I'd buy one if it were released and I had the money, but you're right that is expensive. I probably wouldn't buy one immediately if it came out, but maybe in a year or two when my car is out of warranty and I can save up that much to put into it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
the only way i'm going to go is turbo.....and the only place that is looking decent for the money is cybernation....satge one for $4000 makes 275 whp in the type -s.....so it should be around or between 225 - 250 whp for the base.....depending on other mods

·
1 and 2 bars of fury
309 Posts
supercharger...hmmmm yes, what i need to make my car own the mountain roads...

·
Registered
247 Posts
yeah exactly....warranty is good,,,........you kinda have to weigh the pros and cons........on one hand i have a reliable N/A car with warranty....and on the other....i have a incredibly quick car with no warranty and an iffy aftermarket part.............if you are gonna get one....you should have money saved for the possibility of any major mishaps//........... so i'll be waiting too.....

·
It's は時間行く!!!
59 Posts
I want one...but money is always an issue...

I would go turbo, but I'm not a huge track monster with 13. sec goals...thats just me though...for now, I'll just stick with NA...

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you cali guys have to get the street version since its carb exempt. the race version will get you at about 240-260 then race header hondata a few more mods and your at 300hp

1 - 20 of 43 Posts