Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I saw a couple RSX's Racing at the Q last night.
I saw a white Base model, two black Type S and a
Artic Blue Type S racing, just wanna know who you guys are.
Im sure some of you post here cause you had a club rsx
logo on your side back windows.

Glad to see you guys representing Club RSX at the Q.:thumbsup: :driving:

·
LOL wut
8,729 Posts
this was last friday right? damn im the arctic blue type-s...
man that was my first time ever at the track and i probably got the worst runs in the world! which were u?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt run, but I was there to watch, my car is in the
shop. What where your best times?

·
LOL wut
8,729 Posts
haha stupid tires...my best was 10.774...man i felt so bad cuz i lost to that huge truck and those people laughing at me from the return lane...ugh...makes me wanna go back huh?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont worry about it, people on the return lane always talk
but, hey they arent on the track are they?

10.7, damn, you have a type s right.

·
LOL wut
8,729 Posts
yeah...i do
i know those are really bad times...its mostly cuz of my takeoffs! i have no idea what to do because the strip has the worst grip! im used to just dropping the clutch full at 3000rpm...but here, my tires spin till redline!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the track aint even a track, its a freakin parking lot, LOL
But hey, try dropping the clutch at a lower RPM, maybe that way
you wont spin that much.

Are you going on Friday?

·
LOL wut
8,729 Posts
yeah second run i dropped it at 2500...i might not go this friday cuz i ussually dont go alot. but maybe next week when im not that busy with skool...maybe i can meet u sometime

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wont be there tomorrow but I might try to make it next week (2/6/04) i'll either be working numbers or out racing for the first time, never been to the 1/8 mile, and already know my 60ft suck ass so i need some work

·
San Diego OG RSX
2,813 Posts
I live in San Diego and i might be there soon. What should a stock type s run in the 1/8 mile anyways? 10's? I have a AEM CAI so i know that will help me out a lot especially in the cold. It will be my first time at a track, so I will definitely look like a loser. What do you recommend i do since the Q isnt really a track but rather a parking lot? I want to see very high 9's and i'll be happy with that. Am i being too optimistic?

·
LOL wut
8,729 Posts
um...dont worry i know ul do fine...my first time, yeah...i was a loser!!! ugh i cant believe i ran a 10.7!!!! its because of my tires...and my 60ft. i had a v2 when i raced that night. I saw a desert silver type-s racing with intake and exhaust and he ran 10.1 so yeah...i think i just suck in the launch. The people there said launching will be better cuz they got new cement launch pads...but they didnt do shit...i just sat there...peeled out till 1st gear redline...ugh...

·
San Diego OG RSX
2,813 Posts
what the hell were your 60' times? It seems like you dumped the clutch...i know how to feather the clutch on the street that is. Never tried on the track.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts