Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Screaming V-tec
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can a rsx type s hit WHP 230 not to the crank? can it be achieved without force induction?

·
Mudkip
267 Posts
I have a k24/20 frank with low compression 9.5:1 compressions and I've easily achieved 230/170 to the wheels. S2 race header, 3" skunk2 exhaust piping, skunk2 intake manifold. Fully built motor with kpro.

·
Awd>All
3,163 Posts
How can you have over 2000 posts, been on here since 03, and not know the answer to your question?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
they must all be for sale bumps lol

anyways 230 is an achievable goal, easier if you were on a k24 platform but if you plan on sticking with the k20, then go cai, 3 inch exhaust, port the rbc opening to 70mm, 70mm tb, crsx header or if you have the money for custom then go ssr or asp, good cams with valve spring/retainer upgrade to support them, and you should be right around 230

·
Screaming V-tec
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How can you have over 2000 posts, been on here since 03, and not know the answer to your question?
using the previous owner's account. Just asking questions to build up my knowledge and all that don hate. the sticky was saying all the bolts on with hondata would be about 200WHP so i was wondering wat it takes to get 230

·
Screaming V-tec
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they must all be for sale bumps lol

anyways 230 is an achievable goal, easier if you were on a k24 platform but if you plan on sticking with the k20, then go cai, 3 inch exhaust, port the rbc opening to 70mm, 70mm tb, crsx header or if you have the money for custom then go ssr or asp, good cams with valve spring/retainer upgrade to support them, and you should be right around 230
Sorry for being a noob but can you elaborate the "port rbc" part and "good cams with valve spring/retainer upgrade" please. much appreciatedd

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
the opening of the rbc manifold where it connects to the throttle body needs to be port matched to 70mm if you are going to run a 70mm throttle body

cams are a very touchy subject, but if i had to suggest some: kelford 179-a (these are considered stage 1, but are very aggressive for stage 1 so some people compare them to stage 2), ips k2, blueprint stage 2

for valvespring/retainer upgrade just get supertech, you want to upgrade this so you can rev safely on a stage 2 cam, stock springs/retainers can't handle the lift/duration

id suggest going with kelford 179-a, kelford has been in the cam business for a long time, 179-a does not require valvespring/retainer upgrade, but i suggest getting it anyways, since you never know if you are going to upgrade again later down the road so just have it, even though 179-a is labeled stage 1, don't take it lightly

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Well if you're going to do the springs and retainers anyway, why not just go for the Kelford 179-b?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
he could do 179-b, but might not be able to utilize all of the cam's potential if he doesnt go k24 with higher compression

·
The CRSX Philosopher
3,796 Posts
he could do 179-b, but might not be able to utilize all of the cam's potential if he doesnt go k24 with higher compression
^This.

To answer even better, Chris' all motor k26 stroker is using 179-b with 12.5 CR and an un-ported/polished head. 179-a is about all the k20 could utilize.

·
Registered
552 Posts
This is the best question i seen so far today haha

probably trolling posts and pointless posts.

OP, its possiable with the money and right parts so do some reading.

G

·
How can a rsx type s hit WHP 230 not to the crank? can it be achieved without force induction?
That is a very open-ended question and aside from the obvious variables in regards to parts that might/might not accomplish this for you, you also have variances among individual dynamometers. Some are very conservative, such as Mustangs while others are freakish, such as Church's. In other words, there is no single answer to your question.

I would suggest starting your research here...

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=344745

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=299528

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.