Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wheel spin and hop

I would think it is more of a suspension issue...
Motor mounts for front wheel drive. I can see that causing driveline alignment changes.
New car to me. That is the value of an experienced forum.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Well, if you ever decide to buy a race header with a flex pipe than motor mounts will save your ass.

·
0 Posts
I would think it is more of a suspension issue...
Motor mounts for front wheel drive. I can see that causing driveline alignment changes.
New car to me. That is the value of an experienced forum.
Suspension is part of the wheel hop issue but so are the engine mounts on a FWD application, since the transaxle and ergo, the axles, are secured by the mounts, as well. In other words, whatever the engine is doing, the axles will do, too.

·
BOOSTED SUCKA!!!!
441 Posts
Motor mounts are 95% problem of wheel hop. i put inserts in and wheel hop went away with stock suspension, went to all new mounts car vibrated like crazy but wheel hop was non issue, whether it was street tires, slicks or DRs.

·
9,306 Posts
i did this on stock power.....broken stud on the passenger motor mount

you can not go wrong with at LEAST inserts if you drive the car hard. motor mounts are for sure an upgrade.....

just food for thought

·
9,306 Posts
Hasport or innovative. Hasport seems to be gaining popularity. Both are great mounts.

·
Green Bastard.
2,749 Posts
Hasports are at the top of the line currently.

When people talk about the vibration they never mention it only vibrates bad at idle, once your moviing it feels near stock. I rock hasport 70s. Love them, shifting is smoother too.

·
259 Posts
I have hasport 62a, vibrations are okay after 6 months driving. Definately can still feel it at idle with A/C on. The car is so much more better with the mounts on, I can vtec in first gear with no wheel spin. Definitely a good buy.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Aren't these harder mounts than stock also supposed to free up a little more power from the engine because it is not vibrating around in the engine bay as much?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts