Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Ancient Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the title states. Subaru's are Junk. I traded the Impreza that I had in for a CR-Z. The Impreza was an 09 with 47k miles. I pulled one of the plug wires and there was oil all over it. The car was just a POS from the get go. The transmission had to be pulled out because the throw out bearing failed. Then the throttle body failed. Everything was warranty related, but It was just a POS and a hassle. My CR-Z has almost 40k miles on it and has not one problem.

I have researched further into the new Subaru FB engine family and the new FA engine in the BRZ/FR-S. Their both still junk. The Forrester with the new FB25 had cam and piston related problems. Now the BRZ/FR-S have all kinds of problems. The first is ECU software problems but when I read more and more into the new FA20 motor. It is more mechanical problems than software. The Boxer engine is a POS. It should have died after World War II. The old beetle has a Boxer engine which was crap.

Looking forward.... The only manufacturer that uses the Boxer engine is Porsche, which are notorious for being unreliable.

I have a feeling Toyota may do a full buyout of Subaru. They are already in discussion with Subaru to expand the Indiana plant to accommodate the manufacturing of Toyota vehicles. Foreign automakers lose so much when they ship from their country to the US because the dollar is so weak.

http://slumz.boxden.com/f22/frs-brz...cant-fix-never-cop-first-model-years-1806941/ :rotfl:

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
As the title states. Subaru's are Junk. I traded the Impreza that I had in for a CR-Z. The Impreza was an 09 with 47k miles. I pulled one of the plug wires and there was oil all over it. The car was just a POS from the get go. The transmission had to be pulled out because the throw out bearing failed. Then the throttle body failed. Everything was warranty related, but It was just a POS and a hassle. My CR-Z has almost 40k miles on it and has not one problem.

I have researched further into the new Subaru FB engine family and the new FA engine in the BRZ/FR-S. Their both still junk. The Forrester with the new FB25 had cam and piston related problems. Now the BRZ/FR-S have all kinds of problems. The first is ECU software problems but when I read more and more into the new FA20 motor. It is more mechanical problems than software. The Boxer engine is a POS. It should have died after World War II. The old beetle has a Boxer engine which was crap.

Looking forward.... The only manufacturer that uses the Boxer engine is Porsche, which are notorious for being unreliable.

I have a feeling Toyota may do a full buyout of Subaru. They are already in discussion with Subaru to expand the Indiana plant to accommodate the manufacturing of Toyota vehicles. Foreign automakers lose so much when they ship from their country to the US because the dollar is so weak.

http://slumz.boxden.com/f22/frs-brz...cant-fix-never-cop-first-model-years-1806941/ :rotfl:
I think I am going to get me a CR-Z as well :coffee: ..... just found out about the issues with the BRZ and FR-S a couple of months back..... I was determined on getting one of them...

Now hopefully I will get me hands on a White pearl CR-Z 6-speed :pray:
Post pics of your CR-Z

·
Ancient Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I am going to get me a CR-Z as well :coffee: ..... just found out about the issues with the BRZ and FR-S a couple of months back..... I was determined on getting one of them...

Now hopefully I will get me hands on a White pearl CR-Z 6-speed :pray:
Post pics of your CR-Z

Get one! You'll love it. This hybrid maybe the last hybrid to be sold by Honda in Manual Transmission. Temple of Vtec unveiled a new hybrid system that Honda is working on that is a dual electric motor setup. This is similar to a Prius and the Prius comes with a transmission that isn't a CVT per say but a transmission that is exclusive to the Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive. I absolutely love my CR-Z.... Sure it's not as fast as my old 06 RSX-S, but it is great on gas and has good pickup in 3rd gear to redline.

·
Ancient Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think Subarus are junk... but I got an Evo over an STI :)
They're junk. No one uses the Boxer setup. Just look how long it took Subaru to overhaul the EJ family of engines.... 20 years... That's like Honda keeping the H series and making them H18 H20 H22 H25 etc. Honda continues to come out with new engines that are outstandingly reliable. The same for Toyota. Always new engines that are consistently reliable. Even Mazda continues to make new engines; however their not reliable, but they seem to want to perfect their engines to get on par with Honda and Toyota.

Just look at all the Japanese car companies that made crappy motors. Nissan almost folded but Renault came in and did a full buyout. The only motor from Nissan that I would consider is a VQ.

Then look at Mazda... Ford had to get involved to financially back them and to provide schematics for some of their vehicles. Mazda just recently bought themselves out of Ford.

Subaru is another problematic manufacturer. GM owned 16% stake in Subaru, but then sold the 16% to Toyota which purchased more stake, which now brings their total stake to 20%.

Izuzu.... Another company that made POS gasoline engines. I'm unfamiliar with their diesel engines, but they are no longer selling vehicles in the US. I know that they did have a partnership with Honda, but that yielded nothing positive for Izuzu. It did however yield positive results for Honda.

Honda and Toyota are the only true Japanese car companies that are entirely owned by themselves and not by other auto makers.

·
Ancient Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
i wanna hear about the "euro junk" LOL !!
VW is Euro Junk and So is BMW and Audi. I don't get why so many taunt that their BMW's and Audi's are high performance cars. They are fast, but what good is performance if it's always in the shop for problems. Mecedes Benz was once a great company, but ever since Chrysler got involved their cars have been a disater!. Volvos were good when they were entirely Swedish run. Saab's are Junk.... Problem after problem. Worse than a BMW or VW. This is probably why they folded completely.

·
Ancient Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:rotfl: :popcorn: bhahahahahah
It's true.... The Europeans can't seem to build reliable gasoline engines. The German diesels are bulletproof.... that is the older Mercedes diesels. I'm uncertain of the new Mercedes Bluetec. It seems there are too many sophisticated components in the Bluetec system to be reliable. I don't think BMW or VW has the expertiese in diesel engines like Mercedes. You never see many of them and just recently VW reintroduced it's TDi system. Redflag... Why did VW pull it in the first place.

And it's 110% true about Saab being absolute POS. Many mechanics opened repair shops solely for Saab repairs, and boy did those mechanics make big bucks. Parts were expensive and the labor was significantly more than a average car. They folded... Good riddance. They will just be forgotten, because they never made anything great. Everything from them was Junk

·
Ancient Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We can already see the nasty history of Euro Junk... The Yugo was a POS, then the Fiat and Alfa Romeo were POS, and finally Peugeot another POS car from France that was in the US briefly. Fiat is once again back in the US and they haven't changed at all. I have already seen 4 new Fiats on the side of the road. What makes the Fiat so bad is that it's produced in the same plant that made the horrible PT Cruiser and the Neon... Then looking at the engine mechanics the head gasket is Iron whereas the rest of the engine is aluminum alloy... Talk about imminent gasket failure...

·
Ancient Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im sure you have owned many bmws, many mercedes, many volvos, many pt cruisers
Oh... I've had plenty of experience with co-workers that have owned BMWs, Mercedes, and Volvos. I work with other pharmacists. Many are Asian like me, but insist on buying materialistic items. Then they come to me with their POS car problems, and I just shake my head and say get a Honda or Toyota. I'm more practical when it comes to the longevity of items and their durability. If I went all out and wanted luxury I would just get a Lexus, or Infiniti because the VQ has been given so many awards for being reliable. The Nissan V8 I'm un certain of.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Get one! You'll love it. This hybrid maybe the last hybrid to be sold by Honda in Manual Transmission. Temple of Vtec unveiled a new hybrid system that Honda is working on that is a dual electric motor setup. This is similar to a Prius and the Prius comes with a transmission that isn't a CVT per say but a transmission that is exclusive to the Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive. I absolutely love my CR-Z.... Sure it's not as fast as my old 06 RSX-S, but it is great on gas and has good pickup in 3rd gear to redline.
After checking out that NOBLESSE KIT available for the CR-Z.... it makes me want to get one right away :drool:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.