Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to pick something up cheap that is still some what fun to drive. I'm pretty much considering RSX and Mazda 3 hatches. Performance between the two cars are very similar, but you can get a newer Mazda 3 with lower miles than you can an RSX. Understandably, they are different cars in slightly different markets (from a sticker price POV). In any case, when you were looking, why did you sign off on an RSX instead of a Mazda 3 or any other car?

Thanks.

·
Blank Member
3,891 Posts
My female cousin owns a Mazda 3 and so do many of her female friends. I don't have a vag therefore I figured I shouldn't get one I didn't fit in. Unless it's a MazdaSpeed3 and a type-s I might as well go back to sleep/

·
You slut.
3,095 Posts

·
...yea, boring much?
1,334 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So it looks like it is just personal preference. No one chose an RSX because it handles better or anything like that.

My female cousin owns a Mazda 3 and so do many of her female friends. I don't have a vag therefore I figured I shouldn't get one I didn't fit in. Unless it's a MazdaSpeed3 and a type-s I might as well go back to sleep/
Not a problem here ;)

and slow as balls
Same acceleration as a base RSX champ.

if youre going to get a mazda3 atleast get the mazdaspeed3 its deff a fun car to drive but its not the greatest looking thing
That's twice as much money. At that point might as well get a nice E46.

I'm not sure if I can live with something that accelerates as slowly as a Mazda 3 or a base RSX. I need to drive them both again first. If they are too slow I'll spend the money to upgrade to an RSX type-S. I can get a base RSX with under 100,000 miles on it for about 9K, or for 12K I can get a type-S. I think it would be worth the extra 3K.

·
Registered
25,817 Posts
So it looks like it is just personal preference. No one chose an RSX because it handles better or anything like that.

Not a problem here ;)

Same acceleration as a base RSX champ.

That's twice as much money. At that point might as well get a nice E46.

I'm not sure if I can live with something that accelerates as slowly as a Mazda 3 or a base RSX. I need to drive them both again first. If they are too slow I'll spend the money to upgrade to an RSX type-S. I can get a base RSX with under 100,000 miles on it for about 9K, or for 12K I can get a type-S. I think it would be worth the extra 3K.
the rsx is slow as fuck 2 :dontknow:

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
cause i didn't want to have to remove whole intercooler setup to change the spark plugs

·
Bańned
12,108 Posts
why did i choose it? were the two cars even out at the same time?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts