Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Literally every post has someone saying "this has been answered before!"

I came here expecting a community similar to that of a small subreddit. I was wrong.

Not trying to be a dick/shitpost. Just my experience being here for a few weeks. Posting in the "new member" area because it's my first post.

·
Super Moderator
430,558 Posts

I came here expecting a community similar to that of a small subreddit. I was wrong.

Not trying to be a dick/shitpost. Just my experience being here for a few weeks. Posting in the "new member" area because it's my first post.
what are you having a problem with or are you trying to find? yes a lot of threads have that, the "this has been answered before!" post because 99% of everything acura/honda rsx/integra has been covered and a ton of times too by those who were and still on here. there are a bunch of info in every section of this forum collected over the years since the car was released and i know it is a lot for anyone to find what they want, but the search function does work and can provide the answers without making a new thread. the chat thread in every section can also be use to do the same and so much more as well, plus everyone has the ability to pm the staffs if they really need help. i don't know about the moderators, but i don't mind answering any sorts of questions or help if someone pm me for whatever on here...

i'm not disagreeing with you, but usually people on here like to be fed everything instead of trying to research and actually put efforts into finding the info they want, rather have someone give them everything. the search function shows everything related to the word inputted, so there could be 30 pages and most don't go pass page 1, then they say they can't find the answer...

the members on here have more than the help they could get anywhere else, from those that still post and the knowledge of those gone that took their time writing paragraphs of the information we have now, plus the staffs if they are available are happy to help out.

i created a thread in this section for mostly new members, it's a guide put together at best i could to help everyone navigate this forum. for those that took the time to read it, it is very useful and breaks down the main parts of what we have to offer. i know it is a bit much to read and i know some don't even bother with it...

if you or anyone keeps getting posts that it has been answered before, feel free to contact me and i'll help you find that which you're looking for. we're not going to stop seeing those type of responds and maybe never will, but there are also those that will take the time to actually help instead of typing something useless like so.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
Also interested on what thread you posted that had that kind of answer.

Normally, if it already has been answered, I'd just regurgitate the information or even link you to the thread itself that has the answer in it. Other than that, it would always be answered.

·
3,310 Posts
Making a thread on here asking a simple question that can be answered in 2 seconds with the search function is the equivalent of someone on reddit reposting something from the day before. I'm sure you know how those threads go, pitchforks come out immediately. Same thing here. You dont have to be scared of posting, just make sure it isnt easy to find if you were to search for it. Otherwise we would have every other thread asking what color wheels look good or other similar nonsense. If you went on reddit and every other post was the same as 2 posts above it you wouldn't enjoy your time there either.

·
Super Moderator
430,558 Posts
easy to find isn't always easy to find for everyone, especially to those new to the car and this forum. i don't mind seeing those threads myself since i post what's needed and close it, or i merge it with another thread of similar topic.

my apologies to the thread starter if you feel like you or the new members are being treated unfairly or a nobody due to not getting an answer for whatever questions that were asked, but it is not the case...

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
Well, the only safe sex IS anal sex.

The reason people do that is about 33 times a day some dingus comes out with "which exhaust should I get" or "how many headers do I need to buy" or "How do I get to 500HP for less than $1,000." It's sort of like being in a McDonalds and someone pushing to the front of the line and yelling "what do ya'll got to eat here?" instead of taking a few minutes to look around and see how it works.

What question did you have? Maybe we can answer it without being dicks no promises though

·
Super Moderator
430,558 Posts
Well, the only safe sex IS anal sex.

The reason people do that is about 33 times a day some dingus comes out with "which exhaust should I get" or "how many headers do I need to buy" or "How do I get to 500HP for less than $1,000." It's sort of like being in a McDonalds and someone pushing to the front of the line and yelling "what do ya'll got to eat here?" instead of taking a few minutes to look around and see how it works.

What question did you have? Maybe we can answer it without being dicks no promises though
when i go to mcdonalds, i usually try to get the pizza but it piss me off that they always tell me i can't have what i want

·
Vietnamese Singer
28,049 Posts
This chassis has been out of production for a decade now, pretty much anything one could ask regarding this car has been asked before. If someone had a question and took 10 minutes to search, I can almost guarantee they will find an answer. And if they don't, they are more than welcome to make a thread or post regarding that. A few years ago we had a large influx of new members who would ask the same questions over and over, and I don't know about you, but it's just a waste of server space to clutter things up by asking the same things over and over that could have been found by searching for a few seconds.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts

just do like the smart ones, go else where for knowledge and stay here for the for sale and wanted section. lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Didn't have any questions in particular. Thanks for the responses though, you guys have given me more faith in this website as a whole. Debating on an 8th gen SI or a Type-S right now.

·
Super Moderator
430,558 Posts
no problem, glad you found our respond reasonable and you understand. i think the si is a better choice to go with as well, the 4dr version to me looks better.

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts

·
Super Moderator
430,558 Posts
fat people get love too, just not from any of us lol

well there are more than one page of search results, some don't look pass it and say they didn't find anything

·
NA Today
1,505 Posts
Haha the Si over the type S? I think helll nahhhh! The horribly small and cluster fucked engine bay, DBW, and styling of the 8th gen civic Si kills it for me. I can't imagine working with a bay so small you have to take off the cowl to remove spark plugs on a FF layout

1 - 20 of 104 Posts