Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the street version of the JRSC yesterday and it seemed everything was running fine with a little of an idling problem because the throttle body was loose. Today i drove it and it was fine going to school but coming home, it read lean the whole time (WOT). Does anyone have any guesses as to what is going on? I really appreciate the help.

·
Buttplugs?
313 Posts
a)Your fuel pump may be crapping out on you
b)Your FPR may be loose
c)Clogged injectors

I think this has been covered so try a search on it and see what you come up with. Good luck, buddy.

·
You really paid for that?
2,045 Posts
As a quick fix, trying pulling the ECU fuse under the hood. That resets the ECU. That would be the first thing I tried, if it does it again, you have a problem.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Whatever you do, please don't WOT until you can get it fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
6,734 Posts
The TFI box that ships with the street kit is a piece of junk. For the week that I had the TFI installed, it never worked. Then again, I never revved past 7000RPM because I had Hondata #4. Make sure you recheck the gray injector wires. Check all the wiring.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help, we've already found one loose wire. Anyone know what the yellow wire is for?

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
jmp9982 said:
I just installed the street version of the JRSC yesterday and it seemed everything was running fine with a little of an idling problem because the throttle body was loose. Today i drove it and it was fine going to school but coming home, it read lean the whole time (WOT). Does anyone have any guesses as to what is going on? I really appreciate the help.
How do you know it is running lean?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
under full throttle, the air fuel guage is deep in the red, i drove it to work this morning after rewiring a few things and it was fine, we are going to soder the wires tonight and hook up the boost guage and i think it will run fine.

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
jmp9982 said:
under full throttle, the air fuel guage is deep in the red, i drove it to work this morning after rewiring a few things and it was fine, we are going to soder the wires tonight and hook up the boost guage and i think it will run fine.
I sincerely hope that you do not have the air fuel gauge connected up to the front oxygen sensor. If you do, then remove it - immediately.

The front oxygen sensor is a wideband sensor which is current based, not voltage based. Hooking up an AF gauge designed for an early model Honda will screw it up.

Always use the rear O2 sensor for any such gauges.

·
Registered
340 Posts
jmp9982 said:
that was probably your problem..I recommend soldering any connection that you are adding to your vehicle.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Hopefully no damage has been done!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dont think anything was damaged, i was extremely easy on it the whole time. That was the problem though and it's fixed and running strong. Thanks for everyone's help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts