Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took out the drivers side seat and reconnected the three plugs under the seat when i went to put it back in and now my srs light is on...any ideas guys?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I know they come on when you disconnect the airbag on the seat. You could maybe try resetting the ECU? :confused:

·
some guy
51,131 Posts
take it to the dealer, if u still have the stock seat they will fix it under warrenty

·
Because Racecar
1,994 Posts
no no no, do a search for something regarding SRS light how to shut it off, i wish i remembered exactly but you have to take a paperclip and touch it to the ecu or something, just do a search though...my srs light has been on for about 2 months from when i stripped my interior and i havent got around to turning it off

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
venom650 said:
take it to the dealer, if u still have the stock seat they will fix it under warrenty

Yeh im sure they will love to warranty my car with a turbo sitting behind the motor. :rolleyes:

·
RSXoholic
1,051 Posts
you need this 3 dollor plug and then do some key combination. i did it back in the day when my srs came on for no reason.

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
but hey they gotta prove that it's the turbo that made the SRS light go on ;)

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
they cant do shit, hey i got a question, will they still check out your car if u take it in with a check engine light on or if you have a service due? Or can they say they wont work on it since i have a turbo? Or will they check it and not fix it without paying the money cause i know they'll say its not under warranty.

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
yea SRS light is a bitch. I've already had to take it in 3 times for SRS light.

·
kicker
1,852 Posts
krystar said:
yea SRS light is a bitch. I've already had to take it in 3 times for SRS light.
Did they fix it on the third time? BC if they didnt and this was in the time span of 1 year you can use the lemon law probally.

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
shit...i pulled out my alternator fuse and my SRS light turned on....FUCK i dont want to take it now because im going for turbo, but the question is, can they void it because of the turbo? I know that the cybernation blackmagic taps into the ECU, will they blame it on that?

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
first time i took it in, they pulled a sensor malfunction and replaced the sensor. second time the SPDS (or whatevre it's callde) unit was replaced. third time, they pulled a sensor malfunction code but the sensor was fine. I swear I almost have a lemon.

·
Buttplugs?
313 Posts
My srs kight goes on all the time, just go to the dealer and tell em you want it reset.
i get it done for free and my warranty is null. no worries my friend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts