Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Mugennnnnn!
9,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outside of those that either own an RSX or have driven one there seems to be no love for the car.

I would like people to share their ideas on why they think this is.

Car Shows: Nothing can beat a jdm front dc2 or a clean 92-95 hatch.

Drag racing: Too heavy to be competitive in most classes, like the prelude back when it mattered.

Autocrossing/Road Racing: Macpherson strut issues, weight again.

Parts makers jumped all over the new Civic and created things that still aren't available for the RSX. Even at SEMA a few years back the RSX wasn't a chassis worth investing in for a handful of companies.

What gives?

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
All most all people I know that are into hondas love my type s. I think a lot of dislike comes from price, civics are cheeper but the rsx is a way better car IMO

·
Super Moderator
259,533 Posts
The platform honestly just needs a few things for improvement and it ends up being a great road racing application.

·
CRSX> Homework
2,484 Posts
hmm I'm in on this.

I always thought the RSX was a good platform. It drives and handles pretty well imo (but then I haven't driven that many cars yet) Car review magazines also praised the rsx for its performance, and I think it won some car magazine awards or something? :dontknow:

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
everyone who grew up with the eg/ek/dc just grew wings and went for luxury cars.

·
Eat||Sleep||DC5
675 Posts
I love my car. It seems everyone is about speed and going fast anymore. Atleast around where I live it is anymore. Everyone and there mom is trying to get a sc mustang or some bs. I dd my car and thing its great. Love how it handles and its not like its the slowest thing out there either. Plus its reliable and IMO the Rsx is one of the best looking cars out there. I guess its all about oppinion.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
i was kidding. didn't think anyone would really read the comments. :p

·
U JELLY?
2,918 Posts
i was kidding. didn't think anyone would really read the comments. :p
:stfu:

I like the rsx, thats why I got another one...

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
I thought because it was built a on civic chassis, or something. Plus the dc2-r rapes it. :rotfl:

·
CRSX> Homework
2,484 Posts
all integras are built on/ developed from civic platforms, correct me if i'm wrong.

·
U JELLY?
2,918 Posts
btw i think we all know the rsx was built on a civic platform.

·
Nomnominin'
5,973 Posts
because for half the money spent on aftermarket mods for a rsx, you can have a track ready car on a dc2 or eg6 chassis (suspension wise that is)

1 - 20 of 131 Posts