Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
WTF
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did allot of research before I purchased my set of PIAA 004XT driving lights. They were more than the average going rate but well worth it.

These fogs are great but they suffer the common bummer called physics.

Unfortunately our Canadian winters are very cold. The lenses used on these lamps are made of glass, and as we all know rapid temperature changes can/will crack glass in a matter of seconds.

Well it finally got to the point where the lenses were cracked bad enough to burn out one of my bulbs.

According to PIAA's site (which is the general regulation for warranty replacement) you must return the defective product along with a copy of your receipt in order to claim warranty service.

I decided to send PIAA an email including some pictures on sunday and they returned monday monring with good news. See Below:

----- Original Message sent to PIAA -----

To: [email protected]

Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2003 8:13 AM

Subject: Cracked Lenses, Need Replacement ASAP (Bulbs as well)

I own a set of PIAA 004XT’s and I use them quite frequently. Unfortunately the lenses are cracked on both lamps causing one of the bulbs to burn out. I thought it would last the winter and I’d replace the lenses when the weather warms up but that’s not the case.

Attached are a couple pictures and a copy of my receipt. The store I purchased them from is a tad far from where I live and it would be un-economical for me to drive there and back for a couple and lenses and bulls.

Please send out a new set of lenses and bulbs, and I’d be happy to send the broken goods back in the same package for your inspection to a possible design change for our Canadian winters. I sure hope I don’t have to replace these every year.

As you can see from the pictures there are no stone chips indicated on the glass. These are stress cracks most likely caused by the rapid cold to heat change in temperature.

My Ship To address is as follows:

-----Original Message returned by PIAA-----
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 10:49 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Cracked Lenses, Need Replacement ASAP (Bulbs as well)

We'll have replacements sent out for you.

Thank you,
PIAA Service
Without any questions PIAA send me my replacement goods next day US mail free of charge.

CONCLUSION: If you ever have any doubt when deciding on a PIAA purchase. Just think of great service you will receive if you do!

Jason

·
GrandMaster
1,666 Posts
SWEET

·
Registered
247 Posts
That is why I didn’t have any second thoughts when I bought PIAA driving lights Claiming your warranty from them is a breeze. Not to mention they have lifetime warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts