Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. i decided to place this question here as well cause i wasnt getting any feedback in clubep3 forum and i need help asap to decide cause it will take about two months to send the coils back to Kw for revalving to new springs, and for them to send them back to me.

i previously had Kw v2 coilovers and planning returning to them. was thinking on RSD's but the Kw also adjust's rebound.

the thing is that the spring rate's in the Kw's are 5k front and 9k rear. i want to change the spring rate's to another setup since they will just be for track days (for daily driving i use tein springs with bilstein b8). looking at the straight spring list they have, wich of these would u choose for rear (in front i'll put 10k): 15k, 17k or 19k ??? ading to this i currently run stock front sway and rear jdm sway. tyre's for track are yoko slick's in 210/580 r16 or 245/40 at front and 215/45 or 235/40 at rear (i have a 16" and a 17" set and only buy every used slick's or intermediate compound i can get)

Kw's also have caster plate's that have to be ordered seperately and i'll also order this along with the new springs

but now theres another problem. is it bad to run another spring rate without revalve the shocks to match those rates ???? it's cause the rate will be practically the double. i dont have much knowledge in this. in what consist's?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yep thats what i will do. ill send it to them to do maintenance and revalve

and what do u think of wich spring to use at rear - 15k, 17k or 19k ??? using 10k at front. is it a good idea to imitate RSD's rates ???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts