Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time my RPM goes from 2000 - 3000 RPM, there's this weird rattling noise coming from the engine. does anyone have this same problem?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that might be it but it kind of sounds like a loose metal grinding sound. i really don't know how to explain it.

·
yut ughhh!!!
18,068 Posts
that might be it but it kind of sounds like a loose metal grinding sound. i really don't know how to explain it.
thats the same one i have.. sounds engine related bit it just could be that plastic cover on the engine. imma take that off and see if it goes away. u should too :thumbsup:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yea DOHCtor is correct. I had the same noise. It was like a light mettalic rattling at 2-3k. Halfshaft cover removed=problem was solved!

·
Registered
285 Posts
if you look underneath the car you will see somewhat in the middle, a black metal shield covering the "axle" but technically we call it a halfshaft because its a fwd car, but its in the middle underneath the exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
i made a thread on the axle heat shield showing some good pictures of it.

·
I-VTEC
389 Posts
I think its he axle heat shield too.. .Mine was doing that hizzing noise..... I just took it to the dealership and they fixed in like 15 mins and washed my car...

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
what did they do to fix it? any ideas? mine comes and goes. and there is no way to tighten it more.

·
Hurm
751 Posts
what did they do to fix it? any ideas? mine comes and goes. and there is no way to tighten it more.
didnt u take it off and is it ok with out it?

eidt just saw u said u didnt want to take it out

·
Registered
1 Posts
My son has an Acura RSX typw "S" and to make a long story short.........he also heard some strange noises at around 3000 RPM and it turned out to be the wrist pins on the pistons. Acura "Would NOT" cover it under warranty. They said it appeared to them that the engine had been ran without oil, which is really strange since they did most of the oil changes. He had no warning at all, no lights, no nothing. Now we are looking at a complete engine swap out.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Its your Half-Shaft Manifold Cover. I took mine to Acura and thats what they said it was.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My son has an Acura RSX typw "S" and to make a long story short.........he also heard some strange noises at around 3000 RPM and it turned out to be the wrist pins on the pistons. Acura "Would NOT" cover it under warranty. They said it appeared to them that the engine had been ran without oil, which is really strange since they did most of the oil changes. He had no warning at all, no lights, no nothing. Now we are looking at a complete engine swap out.
acuras claiming thats the problem of the noise? i'm not a master tech, but thats not an easy thing to diagnose as the cause of a noise around 3k rpm. maybe someone else can chime in, but i just have a hard time believing thats whats causing your son's rattling problem.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts