Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. I have a 04 type-s. mods are injen CAI, Strup race header, 2 1/2 in exhaust. the car hisses from 1000 rpm to 4000 rpm (cant hear after cause exhaust is loud) I have had it checked out for exhaust leaks 4 or 5 times already. the shops (diffenrent shops) say that my header or exhaust arent leaking. WTF!!

any suggestions?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I'm catless. and it does get louder as I press the throttle. It's driving me F#ucking nuts!! lol. but I guess it's normal. ok. thanks!!! close thread I guess

·
My VTEC goes mmmmBAAAHHH!
211 Posts
Did you just recently install the header? Because thats what it sounds like you're experiencing and it's normal with race headers so no need to worry.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you just recently install the header? Because thats what it sounds like you're experiencing and it's normal with race headers so no need to worry.
It's something that started once the header and exhaust were installed. I've had them on the car for almost 6 months now. It's been doing it from day 1. I've had it checked out soooooo many times. Every tech tells me that there are no cracks or leaks in the header or exhaust. They have even checked it with a microphone. nothing!! So I guess its normal then

·
My VTEC goes mmmmBAAAHHH!
211 Posts
It's something that started once the header and exhaust were installed. I've had them on the car for almost 6 months now. It's been doing it from day 1. I've had it checked out soooooo many times. Every tech tells me that there are no cracks or leaks in the header or exhaust. They have even checked it with a microphone. nothing!! So I guess its normal then
Yeah when I first installed my header I kinda went through the same thing but I soon learned everything was fine. Any of my friends who have race headers experience the same thing. Im no expert by any means but I've been told the hissing occurs because the lack of a cat. Something about the exhaust gases passing with less restriction :dontknow: Im sure someone else knows more and can elaborate.

·
KING
48,111 Posts
yeah I'm catless. and it does get louder as I press the throttle. It's driving me F#ucking nuts!! lol. but I guess it's normal. ok. thanks!!! close thread I guess
Its the flex pipe dude..my rh has a flex pipe and it does the same..its pretty damn loud..its normal tho dude:thumbsup:
check for snakes or an angry cat stuck in your header.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts