Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
9k FTW
3,196 Posts
only if you swap the whole assembly. springs or/shocks by themselves will not swap

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Are the lower control arms on '05 '06 the same as '02 '04?
No, the lower balljoint on the 05-06 are larger than the 02-04, so the hole in the lca is larger...........fyi....the lower ball joint in the 05-06 is same size as the type-r.;)

·
Dont Push That Button....
2,441 Posts
I did a suspension swap from an 03 to my new 05, everything Shocks/struts swapped fine onto my 05. If your ordering aftermarket struts, or coilovers, i beleive the part numbers are the same, but if you try swapping just the springs... i have hear that the springs wrap in the opposite direction... either way... they fit.

·
I-Vtec......do you?
931 Posts
I have a stock type s suspension on a 2002 model with tein s-tech springs. If i purchase a shock sping assembly set for an 06 model, will I be able to swap out the springs and reuse them with the new assembly? The tie rod ending on the assembly should match up with the 02 type s? also, ill keep the knuckle assembly for the 02 type s which connects with two bolts at the bottom of the strut assembly. This should fit also right?

Anyone know the difference between the stock type s assembly and the a-spec assembly?

·
Lil DC5
553 Posts
what if i get 06 type s shocks with eibach sportlines for my 02 type s?? would it fit right?? or i need to make small modifications??

·
Registered
200 Posts
would swapping strut/shock from an 05+ rsx-s onto my 04 rsx-s help handling? or would there be no difference.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts