Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Chemical Soldier
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's the reply I just received from Toda:

Since you're most likely going to post this on the web, I'll make it clear for everyone.

1) If you're already one of our Engine Kit customer and upgrade to K-Pro, I'll send you the program for free.

2) If just purchase our camshafts and valve springs (Not the whole Engine Kit), we'll sell you the program for use in your K-Pro. Pricing has not been determined yet for just the program.

3) If you're not one of our customers, don't want to buy our cams, and just want to buy the program (without any TODA parts), it'll be available at a higher price (still not determined).

·
pete
1,088 Posts
schuessler28 said:

Since you're most likely going to post this on the web, I'll make it clear for everyone.

1) If you're already one of our Engine Kit customer and upgrade to K-Pro, I'll send you the program for free.

2) If just purchase our camshafts and valve springs (Not the whole Engine Kit), we'll sell you the program for use in your K-Pro. Pricing has not been determined yet for just the program.

3) If you're not one of our customers, don't want to buy our cams, and just want to buy the program (without any TODA parts), it'll be available at a higher price (still not determined).
This is what i call looking after the customers! Way to go TODA :thumbsup:

·
!!!Master Member!!!
5,968 Posts
schuessler28 said:

wait so toda is saying if we buy their engine kit they will throw in the k-pro with it instead of just their program? just want to make sure.

·
Ebay Whore
1,588 Posts
schuessler28 said:

:rolleyes: That's not the response I got from question number 2. They quoted me 850 for the program. I'll post the email that I received.

·
Ebay Whore
1,588 Posts
here it is:

Hello,
Thank you for your e-mail and interest in TODA Racing. If you chose to upgrade to the ECU program after you've already purchased the camshafts and valve springs, then the price would be $850.

Best Regards,
AKH Trading/TODA Racing USA
Tel 714-327-0181
Fax 714-327-0184
www.todaracing.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 6:51 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: toda cams

Hi,

I'm thinking of ordering your toda N2 cams and valve springs for the rsx soon, but I wanted to know if I choose to upgrade to your flash program later would i be able to, and if so how much would it cost?

thank you

·
Chemical Soldier
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You're asking to have your ecu flashed to toda specs. That would involve them taking the time to flash your ecu and testing it out on a vehicle(at least that is what they did whenever I ordered my engine kit).I think the point they addressed in my reply referred to them sending you the program parameters on a CD and then having you upload them with K-pro.

·
Ebay Whore
1,588 Posts
I sent them a second email right after that one asking if that's the price if you have hondata, but I haven't gotten a response yet. So, we'll see.

·
Ebay Whore
1,588 Posts
schuessler28 said:
I think the point they addressed in my reply referred to them sending you the program parameters on a CD and then having you upload them with K-pro.
If they send you a CD let me burn it :)..j/k, but that seems to easy though, they'd loose money or something.

·
pete
1,088 Posts
knight_ryder00 said:
If they send you a CD let me burn it :)..j/k, seems to easy though, like they'd loose money or something.
dont get me wrong but its comment like these (even if its a joke) that toda might re-think releasing the maps to users

·
Registered
197 Posts
:
pckit said:
dont get me wrong but its comment like these (even if its a joke) that toda might re-think releasing the maps to users
:iamwiths:

·
Ebay Whore
1,588 Posts
pckit said:
That's true, all I'm saying is with the release of the k-pro, Toda may have already thought about this, even before I made my comment. If they release it to the consumers for a reasonable price that's great for us. If not then we're still stuck with "plan A" which is tunning the ecu to our own specs. :wavey:

·
Chemical Soldier
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The idea of pirating the software has entered my mind. I really don't know much about the law but I am sure that their flash parameters are copyrighted, since they do own the program. If you think about it, they know exactly who they would be sending the CD to so I dont' think it would be that difficult to find and prosecute that particular individual. I hope this will not become an issue in the near future.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,163 Posts
It would be better to have it tuned anyway and just forget the toda flash. Every motor is dif and 95% of all modded cars do not have the same mods. Toda's flash is tuned to the mods that they have on THEIR RSX not yours. Hence the tune would not be perfect. I would just run the ITR tune for temp until I got it dyno tuned.

·
Registered
506 Posts
if we're saying a company OWNS a particular flash the we've got probs

if u discover it by accident by tuning the kpro are u gonna send royalties to toda usa?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts