·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... still point to the left?

i searched, what i found was...

JDM lights point to the left
USDM lights point to the right

so what happens when you put a retrofit kit into your OEM non HID JDM housings?

tia
:bow:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
If you get the genuine JDM headlights, the beam pattern will always point more to the left; and if you get a HID kit with it, it'll definitely blind oncoming traffic.

If you do the DIY JDM headlights (paint your OEM housings), then they'll point to the right, and won't blind traffic as much (although you should still adjust them a little bit because the OEM housings aren't meant for HID).

·
one.4our.3hree
9,128 Posts
the cut off is extremely sharp with the jdm's.. and aim right into the other side of traffic..

i got hid's and it lights up peoples faces when they drive by me.. i bet i angered them

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
hmm, can't adjust them huh? I am about to pick up a set of JDM and wanted to get 6k HID's... thought I would be able to adjust the beam to US spec... any other information anyone can chip in?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
You can adjust the JDMs, but no matter how much you adjust them (up/down and left/right), the beam pattern will still be \ \ whereas the USDM beam pattern is / /

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I think it won't make a difference to you, that is the problem, its the difference to oncoming traffic that does.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I saw that DIY project a while ago... personally think it's just ugly...

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
You can adjust the JDMs, but no matter how much you adjust them (up/down and left/right), the beam pattern will still be \ \ whereas the USDM beam pattern is / /
Well maybe you can Put them Upsidedown? so they dont beam // or \\ they would beam up words.Like this, || but only more up. i dunno just a thought :dontknow:

·
Honda Sucks! Acura Rules!
785 Posts
There is no way for you to correct the beam patten of JDM lights short of ripping it apart and mating the JDM front with a USDM back. That is what I did in this thread: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117616

This is the only true solution. Doing left/right or up/down adjustment can not correct a beam patten problem.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Moto, what I don't get is the usdm reflector was designed for use with regular halogen bulbs while the jdm was designed for hid use. So wouldnt swapping the reflector have the same effect as using an h1 kit in usdm headlights?

·
Honda Sucks! Acura Rules!
785 Posts
My JDM housing was the non-HID type. I added a 4500K HID kit after my Silverstar bulbs blew out.

·
Registered
743 Posts
oh ok thanks I was a lil confused I thought you were talking about the jdm hid headlamps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts