Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
riiiiiiight
Joined
·
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be installing my greddy kit soon and am trying to decide between clutches...the exedy cerametallic is rated at 323 pounds of torque while the organic is rated at 252...I'll be running around 275whp which from the dynos I've seen is around 210tq with the greddy kit so in theory the 252 would be just fine....

Money isn't REALLY an issue but it is a factor, I would prefer to go with the organic though just from a drivability standpoint (in traffic every day) but I don't want to waste my money if it won't be enough....and I have searched and actually seen some people that have their stock clutches hold out for a decent amount of time (few months) so with a rated 49% increase in torque I would think the organic would be fine...but I want to get some opinions before I go ahead and buy it...

anybody running the greddy kit (or any kit with the aforementioned numbers) that has the organic? If so, hows it holding up? I appreciate any feedback...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
Nossy said:
Will be installing my greddy kit soon and am trying to decide between clutches...the exedy cerametallic is rated at 323 pounds of torque while the organic is rated at 252...I'll be running around 275whp which from the dynos I've seen is around 210tq with the greddy kit so in theory the 252 would be just fine....

Money isn't REALLY an issue but it is a factor, I would prefer to go with the organic though just from a drivability standpoint (in traffic every day) but I don't want to waste my money if it won't be enough....and I have searched and actually seen some people that have their stock clutches hold out for a decent amount of time (few months) so with a rated 49% increase in torque I would think the organic would be fine...but I want to get some opinions before I go ahead and buy it...

anybody running the greddy kit (or any kit with the aforementioned numbers) that has the organic? If so, hows it holding up? I appreciate any feedback...
Either one will be fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
exedy

I have the cerametallic with stock greddy boost. I personally like the fact that my clutch is working at 65% of it capability then 83% with the organic.

w.






Nossy said:
Will be installing my greddy kit soon and am trying to decide between clutches...the exedy cerametallic is rated at 323 pounds of torque while the organic is rated at 252...I'll be running around 275whp which from the dynos I've seen is around 210tq with the greddy kit so in theory the 252 would be just fine....

Money isn't REALLY an issue but it is a factor, I would prefer to go with the organic though just from a drivability standpoint (in traffic every day) but I don't want to waste my money if it won't be enough....and I have searched and actually seen some people that have their stock clutches hold out for a decent amount of time (few months) so with a rated 49% increase in torque I would think the organic would be fine...but I want to get some opinions before I go ahead and buy it...

anybody running the greddy kit (or any kit with the aforementioned numbers) that has the organic? If so, hows it holding up? I appreciate any feedback...
 

·
riiiiiiight
Joined
·
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boost Junkie said:
Either one will be fine.
cool deal...thx for the reply...
 

·
The Drone
Joined
·
1,398 Posts
i don't think anyone is running the organic clutch with the greddy kit. i have the cerrametallic and when it comes with the traffic deal dont' worry your just going to get a really built left leg. its a nice work out whenever you drive intraffic.
 

·
riiiiiiight
Joined
·
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rsx m-3 said:
i don't think anyone is running the organic clutch with the greddy kit. i have the cerrametallic and when it comes with the traffic deal dont' worry your just going to get a really built left leg. its a nice work out whenever you drive intraffic.
hmmm just as I thought...I don't need anymore work out on my legs lol...I'm just gonna go with the organic...if I have to replace it in 6 months then I'll replace it in 6 months...the drivability is more important to me I think...but I appreciate your guys' input...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,692 Posts
Personally, Id rather go with the cerametallic in case you wanted to up the boost during race applications. The chatter is bad the first 1500miles, but after that it tends to chatter less. There's a lot of work involved with replacing a clutch so I would recommend getting the cerametallic.
 

·
riiiiiiight
Joined
·
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bip Bip said:
Personally, Id rather go with the cerametallic in case you wanted to up the boost during race applications. The chatter is bad the first 1500miles, but after that it tends to chatter less. There's a lot of work involved with replacing a clutch so I would recommend getting the cerametallic.
eh too late...already bought it lol...

I had pretty much decided on getting the organic before the post but still wanted some opinions...and someone from cybernation saying both were fine was enough for me...and I'm not planning on ever upping the boost to net over 300whp...so I think I should be fine....if not then oh well a lesson learned I suppose...
 

·
Out on bail
Joined
·
3,816 Posts
lemme know how it goes. im probly gonna get cybernation so ill need a clutch. you gettin a flywheel installed while everything is out?
 

·
riiiiiiight
Joined
·
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
XxThInKxX said:
lemme know how it goes. im probly gonna get cybernation so ill need a clutch. you gettin a flywheel installed while everything is out?
not sure if I'm gonna go with a lightened fly...now I'm not even sure if I'm gonna keep the greddy kit...might go with cybernation stage II ugh...so many decisions....

wanna buy my greddy kit? lol...brand new kit, never installed along with a profec e01 for 2700 shipped?
 

·
Out on bail
Joined
·
3,816 Posts
damn, not bad price. i would but i dont have the money yet. i plan to boost in a few months when i get it, and i kinda have my eyes on CN stage 1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,692 Posts
Nossy said:
eh too late...already bought it lol...

I had pretty much decided on getting the organic before the post but still wanted some opinions...and someone from cybernation saying both were fine was enough for me...and I'm not planning on ever upping the boost to net over 300whp...so I think I should be fine....if not then oh well a lesson learned I suppose...
With the cold weather I've been boosting up to 11psi which roughly puts out 330-335 whp. I've felt the clutch slip a few times so I'll most likely bump up to an beefier clutch w/my stage II set up.
 

·
riiiiiiight
Joined
·
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
XxThInKxX said:
damn, not bad price. i would but i dont have the money yet. i plan to boost in a few months when i get it, and i kinda have my eyes on CN stage 1.
yeh I have my eyes on stage II lol....I did all the math and I can afford it...gonna have to work extra hard this summer...overtime here I come!

Like seriously I posted earlier and was still on my previous plan of greddy...then I crawled in bed with my GF, started to nod off and then boom...all these numbers running through my head...ugh...
 

·
yawn..
Joined
·
22,903 Posts
open tranny = clutch/fly/lsd !! =\

You turbo'd a rsx so you could have daily drivability?...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,936 Posts
Honest answer, if your car is going to see exclusve street duty, don't overkill on the clutch.

You will hate yourself in traffic. Plus the more aggressive clutch plates are very hard to engage to smoothly.
 

·
riiiiiiight
Joined
·
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Down_Shift said:
open tranny = clutch/fly/lsd !! =\

You turbo'd a rsx so you could have daily drivability?...
no but I am going to be forced to drive my turboed rsx every day...therefore I want it to be as driveable as possible...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
clutch

I didn't noticed much of a difference in pedal stiffness when switching over to cerametallic. All I noticed was the chatter for about 1k miles and how nicely the clutch grabs. Anyways, we will talk more when it's time for you to upgrade from organic. :p




Nossy said:
no but I am going to be forced to drive my turboed rsx every day...therefore I want it to be as driveable as possible...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
exedy

I personally think the exedy cerametallic was one of the best thing I did for my car. As for driving in traffic, I don't think it's as hard as people say. Go ahead and get it. You will not regret it. If you live in the bay area, I can let you try it out.



BlueStreak02 said:
flyin low,
is the exedy cerametallic stage 2 worth it? ill be purchasing the CN stage 1 this week and thats the clutch i had in mind but people say its hard as hell in traffic. any feedback would be appreciated!
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top