Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· JDM in the Werks
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I founds a pretty good price for the jackson racing race header but it says its for the Type S, will this fit on my car and if so what else do I need for this to work? exhaust and etc. thanks

· Registered
429 Posts
if you search you will find about a 1000 threads on this same topic. The race header will fit the base with a type s exhaust or you can keep your exhaust you have now and get the 5 zigen exhaust adaptor for 70 dollars or something. Search button is your friend

· JDM in the Werks
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man

· JDM in the Werks
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going for a deep sound for my car, and also for power gains. would going to the type s exhaust rather then the base exhaust make a huge difference, if any?

· Registered
479 Posts
how much did you find the JRRH for?

Different exhaust don't account for much, but make sure to check the piping. I recommend 2.25 (stock size) or 2.36 Keep in mind, a RH will make the exhaust twice as loud so I wouldn't end up getting hks, greddy evo, or some other loud ones.

· JDM in the Werks
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no no, i know i dont want that. I found if for $450.00. If I install the racing header on my base exhaust and get the 5 zigen adapter, how loud will it be. Will I sound retarted going down the road?

· JDM in the Werks
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also if this is me first engine mod how much more hp and torque will this give me. I plan on getting an ice box, or a injen CAI at the same time i order the headers. does the icebox fit on our bases?

· Registered
479 Posts
if you have the stock base exhaust, it will still be just as quiet. I would definitely recommend getting a cai (injen for easier install or aem).

The highest gains I seen in the JRRH is 13 whp. They also included an exhaust though. Gains should still be around 10 though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.