Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2,100 Posts
you need to know how low is your driveway. Some people say no i don't scatch, but once they come into my neighborhood or driveway they will. It all depends. I am planning to put some 2x4's in front of my driveway when i drop my car.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
ya it definitely depends on the angle of ur driveway. I dont have a kit on and i dropped mine with h&r springs which is about 1.5 inch drop. I scrapped once on my way to pick up some pizza. I was pissed but eh its on the very bottom of the stock lip so eh w/e. If u have a drop and then a kit u will scrap if u dont watch ur driving. But as the saying goes, u gotta pay to play.

·
997 C4S
11,065 Posts
Basically, every lip kit will scratch sooner or later. I've seen completely stock RSX's scratch coming out of the dealership :noes: Before I installed my Tein Flex coilovers, I've only scratched once and I've gone down some pretty steep driveways. In due time though, you'll stop caring :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the A-spec package on my car and thank goodness I haven't scraped yet, but my ol' civic was sooo low that you can barely put your shoe underneath the front bumper.. that was nasty! But I think it's because I'm so use to taking any driveway and speedbump at an angle, it's just second nature now.. lol

·
Banned
670 Posts
har har. yes, as everyone says it all depends on how you drive. be like other stock cars and zoom right through if you're not scared. man.. all that moving along the side and driver SUPER slow hahah.

·
I <3 Red Stuff
4,635 Posts
don't drop too low and try going diagonally on speedbumps and uneven driveways. NEVER go straight forward or you'll most likely scrape if you have a kit and you're lowered

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.