Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
clubrsx member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Falken azenis tires on my car and it is going to be towed behind a u-haul (with the rear tires on the ground) from FL to NY (around 1500 miles) and I was wondering if there would be any substantial wear on my tires due to this venture. I doubt there would be since the car is just being dragged along, but just thought id ask what a few others thought. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
I think it will wear. the rear tires are always just "dragged along" anyways.. plus there might even be more weight on them being as they are the only 2 tires on the ground.

So ya, i think they will wear a normal if not more than normal amount. I would pop on some other rims or tires or whatever you can do.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here's what U-Haul says.

The U-Haul Tow Dolly keeps the front wheels of the towed vehicle off the ground and is a great low-cost choice for front-wheel drive cars. Its low height and longer ramp mean the loading angle is shallow to accommodate vehicles with low clearance or spoilers. Our tow dolly also has a swivel design that eliminates rear-tire wear and improves maneuverability.

http://www.uhaul.com/towing/

I love Google!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts