Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm Just wondering if a SC or a Turbo work on my base model rsx...with 5-speed auto/manual??? If so, what will be the drawbacks??? and is it the same feel of drive cuz i can't tell the difference when i ride my 5speed semi-automatic and a real manual?!?!?! i'm lost.....please clear this up for me !!! Thanx Guys!!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
330 Posts
well it'll be kinda weird if you have a SS turbo, mainly because turbo spools up only on higher RPMs, so if you go turbo you gotta use the SS and hold the gear for the HP, if you put it on auto then it would not work as well. superchargers are okay i guess. since they are a parasite on the engine on every level of RPM.

btw i have a SS, i think it does a pretty darn good job at shifting. It shifts pretty fast. The gears of this car feels stronger than most other cars.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The auto tyrannys aren't as strong as the manaul tyrannys. A turbo will definately reduce the tyranny life and cause slippage through the gears. If they make torque converters for the rsx, that would be really helpful for reinforcing the tyranny. Through experience, on a 3rd gen integra, the auto tyrannys couldn't hold a little more than 30 extra hp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts