Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,313 Posts
DC5 RSX said:
Will a type r intake manifold bolt up to a k20a3 (ep3/si)? If not, what other parts need to be changed?
Considering the Type s manifold will fit a base, I don't see why a type r manifold wouldn't either. Whoever this is for though, is just wasting there money. If you have a K20A3 your best bet would be to use a type s manifold.

· Registered
41 Posts
APEXiTypes said:
Considering the Type s manifold will fit a base, I don't see why a type r manifold wouldn't either. Whoever this is for though, is just wasting there money. If you have a K20A3 your best bet would be to use a type s manifold.
I agree. I dont know if it would be a waste of money though. Someone should go out and see. :driving: Only way to find if it would be a waste. :dontknow:

· Registered
1,313 Posts
Green Civic said:
I agree. I dont know if it would be a waste of money though. Someone should go out and see. :driving: Only way to find if it would be a waste. :dontknow:
Trust me, it's a waste of money if you have a base. I have seeing type s manifolds going for 50 bucks.

· Old member
559 Posts
The Civic Si already has a Type S manifold for those who dont know. And yes, the R manifold would b a waste of money.

· Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help everybody. My buddy bought a dc5r intake manifold for his ep3. He has the type s head, type s rocker arm assembly, and type r cams (not installed yet). He wanted me to install the intake manifold for him, I just wanted to make sure it would bolt right up without any problems before I popped the hood and started the job.

He knows it wont make any power now, but once he has the rest of his shit together, the im will help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.