Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to let you know that Redline Track Events will be holding an open track day at Willow Springs Raceway on January 10-11, 2004. The cost is $130 for one day, or if you want to run both days, the cost is $230.
You can find more information on
www.RedlineTrackEvents.com where you can also register for the event. There will be three run groups (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced) with each group running in 30 minute sessions. You can expect to get 4 run sessions for the day, totalling around 2 hours of track time.
If you have any questions regarding this event, or any of our 2004 events, shoot me an email at:
[email protected]
We hope to see you out at the track!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Everyone be very cautious around turn 9. When you are coming out of turn 8 you will be HAULING ASSSSS. Turn 9 is quite tricky. ... I was at an event where an RSX unfortunately rolled several times because of turn 9. This was also in the ADVANCED group. I dont want to ruin your time, i just want you to be cautious and respect this high speed course.

Have fun driving !!! i wish i could make it out there but i need to save my dollars for an upcoming out of country trip.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey Swazi, was nice meeting you on the track! Did you take off early? I looked for ya after lunch but I didn't see your car anywhere...

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Warblade said:
Hey Swazi, was nice meeting you on the track! Did you take off early? I looked for ya after lunch but I didn't see your car anywhere...
yeah i messed up my car in the morning, i was leaving as you came in from your first session

good to meet you too,

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I'd rather not get into it...

it was a really stupid thing to do, car runs fine, but one of my wheels is messed up and i need an alignment

·
Registered
119 Posts
sorry to hear that...

i spun out just before turn 3 in the 2nd session and went into the dirt (the inside of my car looks like a sandbox now :p)... was a bit worried when the CEL came on but after resetting the ecu and letting it settle for a bit and idling in the cold pits for a while, everything went back to normal. thought my day was done while i was sitting in the dirt tho :(

overall, that track is pretty insane - was my 4th time at a track and the speed difference between that track and streets or laguna is eye popping. at the end of the day i was hitting almost 120 at the end of the front straight and ended the day with my lap times in the low to mid forties. a few more times at that track and i think i can crack into the thirties (hopefully by then i'll have my header and ecu installed to give me a little more power)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts