Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Official Bitch Slapper
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this problem before? After I come to work and I show my ID card to get on post, I go to roll up my drivers side window, so I click my auto roll up button and occasionally it'll only roll up half way they stop and roll all the way back down. Sometimes it'll go up about 3/4 of the way, than go back down to half and stop. One time I actually had to hold the window up button manually so it would go up because it did this to me 3 times in a row! Whats up with that shit?

It only does it to the drivers side for obvious reasons. I have never changed out any relays or done any work to the window other than tint. Or is it that I'm always just too :drink: and my mind is playing tricks on me? LOL HELP!

Do I have a ghost or something?

Maybe its just my V-TEC in my window going out.

·
Love ///My new car
2,725 Posts
after I've disconnected and reconnected my battery while working on electrical projects, my driverside window has done a similar "fuck you haha" up and down shit or simply I loose the auto up/down. next time I start my car or the next day no problem what so ever. maybe give it time

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah... well you're lucky yours is just up down. Mine likes to roll up and out of the door frame. I've taken that driver's side door apart more times than i'd like to count to re-allign the glass into its base, but in no time at all, no matter how perfect I am with the re-allignment, that thing pops out and woops... YOU WANT YOUR WINDOW UP!? HAHA! I DONT THINK SO!

·
Official Bitch Slapper
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
after I've disconnected and reconnected my battery while working on electrical projects, my driverside window has done a similar "fuck you haha" up and down shit or simply I loose the auto up/down. next time I start my car or the next day no problem what so ever. maybe give it time
yeah i have lost the auto totally also. But after a bit it comes back. I just think its funny. Its not really annoying, just hope nothing breaks and costs money to replace!

·
Official Bitch Slapper
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah... well you're lucky yours is just up down. Mine likes to roll up and out of the door frame. I've taken that driver's side door apart more times than i'd like to count to re-allign the glass into its base, but in no time at all, no matter how perfect I am with the re-allignment, that thing pops out and woops... YOU WANT YOUR WINDOW UP!? HAHA! I DONT THINK SO!
Yeah if mine did that I think I would have to take it straight to the dealership and throw the window at them! But it does seem like its laughing at us!

·
Wyoming ftl
256 Posts
ive got the same problem too. and i noticed mine after i got my windows tinted. i thought the tint place did something but looks like its other RSX's as well. but mine doesnt sound as drastic as yours. maybe thats just cuz its still winter and snowing right now in wyoming haha. i hate snow.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hey....It is actually the run channel. I had the same problem. Its is warrantied. When they do it have them check the lower two white brackets on the bottom of the window. They most likely will be loose from the window being fucked from the run channel. Have them get them urethaned from a window repair place. 100 times stronger and better than the shitty pink stuff used at the factory.

·
Penn State Bitches
1,001 Posts
Happens to mine all the time, they said it was something wrong with the window trim. They replaced it and no problems since. Only been 2 weeks tho

·
Sell me your NES games!!
5,876 Posts
Same problem. Mine stops becuase I think that it thinks its getting hung up on the trim or something. It sounds like something is loose in there when I go over bumps with the window halfway down. I was wondering if someone tried to break into the car before I owned it.

·
It's a girl!
969 Posts
a used accutator goes for 50-100 check the used forums part out section

1 - 20 of 22 Posts