Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Extremely Over the Top
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger window suddenly decided not to roll up anymore. Anyone ever have a prob like this? I pulled the switch and jumpered power directly to the switch, but still won't go up.

Anyone else have a prob like this? :confused:

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
5,293 Posts
My passenger window suddenly decided not to roll up anymore. Anyone ever have a prob like this? I pulled the switch and jumpered power directly to the switch, but still won't go up.

Anyone else have a prob like this? :confused:
yea, it could be ecu related.

90% of the time it is the window lock switch. It even fooled the Jeep dealership I was test-driving a car at.

·
Certified Ziptie Tech
419 Posts
Bringing this one back... So I had this same problem...Window (passenger) will go down but not up (the light on the switch turns off when I click it up for both driver and passenger switches)... I figure bad switch...I check the fuses I'm good to go... Time to get a switch.. Found a door for dirt cheap so I grab it... Swap the switches and same thing no power on up but will go down... So I decide lets see if the door I got will work... Pull the harness enough to plug it into my car and same damn problem!!!
Recap: Fuse,check
Switch, tried 2
Motor and door harness, tried from second hand door
Switch will still go down but not up...

·
Maximum Plaid FTW
722 Posts
Bringing this one back... So I had this same problem...Window (passenger) will go down but not up (the light on the switch turns off when I click it up for both driver and passenger switches)... I figure bad switch...I check the fuses I'm good to go... Time to get a switch.. Found a door for dirt cheap so I grab it... Swap the switches and same thing no power on up but will go down... So I decide lets see if the door I got will work... Pull the harness enough to plug it into my car and same damn problem!!!
Switch, tried 2
Dirty window channels/tracks? Requires cleaning with silicone & Q-Tips:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=544466
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=404143

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Switch, tried 2
Check the relays and your driver side switch as well.

·
Certified Ziptie Tech
419 Posts
Thanks for the tips... I'll clean the tracks when I get a chance and I'll check the relays... I already checked drivers and a second passenger switch and the light on the switch goes out when I pull up and the motor doesn't even get power to it... It's not something on the door side its on the dash harness side unfortunately... If anyone can point me in the direction of the relays or other non door side problems it may be that'd be awsome...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts