Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious of what is the avg cost for window tint for all windows, including a sunstrip. I got quoted @ $235 in GA. This is 20% 3M scotch tint with lifetime warranty. I was wondering if this price was too high. And is there anything else I should know before getting my new type-s tinted. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i paid 180.00 for mine and was told that i paid too much. it depends where you go too. you'll find a better price in a more ghetto area. my cousin got his mercedez tinted in a lower income area and they did a great job. he had 7 windows done, including the small ones that don't open in the back and he only paid 110.00. and like i said, the quality is great!!! it just depends if you feel comfortable or not going to that type of area. i'm not, i just look at the extra 70.00 as a saftey charge :D

·
S-TypE
197 Posts
i paid 165.00 for all the windows, eyebrow and sunroof 20%

·
Registered
251 Posts
as far as i know the % doesn't make that big of a difference in price. i would have paid the same amount if i had gotten something more opaque. (ended up with 35%)

·
kicker
1,852 Posts
First off $235 is crazy. I got mine done 20% around w/o the strip and it cost me $130. He would have put the strip on for free but I agreed with him that it looks gay. But if you like it go for it. What part of Georgia are you in? I got mine done at Darkside in Augusta, GA and they did an awsome job. Lifetime warranty on mine also.

·
28,750 Posts
Man you guys are overpaying!

I payed 190 CDN with ClubRSX discount (144 USD). Lifetime warranty, really high quality job, 35/20 tint.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Reno, NV area = $200 for all round plus sun strip on front. There were cheaper at around $145 to $160, but these guys are regarded best in area. I had no qualms about the cost. Work was excellent ... lifetime guarantee. I'm crazy happy with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to everyone for the input. Should I be looking to get a good deal(I do need to save some money) or should I be more concerned about how well the tint shop installs the tint. I wouldn't mind paying a little more if I know the shop will do a good job. If I were to get it done at a good price, isn't there a chance that it won't last as long?? I'm just worried about the phrase "You get what you pay for.." you know what I'm saying? Are all shops tinting techniques the same??

·
keepn' it clean
2,555 Posts
i paid $170 canadian for my 23% 3M tint, but that didn't include the sunstrip, only 5 windows.

2 years and still looks like new!

·
Registered
146 Posts
my drivers side window started to peel. and i got my tint factory... do you think the dealer would re-tint my window? it's full of glue.

·
Registered
971 Posts
$85 for 5% on all windows with strip on from. lifetime warranty 3M tint. Thats what i was quoted. Doing it in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
430 Posts
$85!!! Good god that is low... Where was this quote from??? And will they do 20%?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts