Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im Curently Tinting my windows now and keep getting pockets. Im using soapy water and a creditcard.
Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated(sp).
Thanks in advance.
20% black tint
I also did a search

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried my passenger side window the small one. wow it took a whole 6ft sheet i finally got it on the last try but couldnt get out the pockets. I think i will go with a professional job. thanks guys. =]
yes the adheasive is a pain to get off. =(

·
bye RSX, hello TSX
1,111 Posts
Trace the window shape on the outside of your car leaving about 1/4in gap then peel and stick on the inside. Dont use a credit card and buy a tint/vinyl sqeegee because the card will leave scratches. Make sure to wet down the sticky side of the tint and let it soak the film for about a minute before tacking on aslo wetting down the glass. Sqeegee from the top down and work out toward the sides. After you have it placed on, trim the excess off with a sharp razor blade and sqeegee out the remaining water. If there are water bubbles that you were unable to get out, just leave them and let them air dry out. Depending on the type of film you have it may take a few weeks or up to a month to fully get rid of all the bubbles. HTH

·
13.43 @ 105.43
2,213 Posts
just go to a pro like people say...if you live in the bay area...i can hook u up with boy who does tints for a damn good price...let me know

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.