Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
i just started getting this problem today, i hear a sqeeling noise when i bring my window up and down, in my case i think it was due because it was a very cold morning, never happened b4

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just started getting this problem today, i hear a sqeeling noise when i bring my window up and down, in my case i think it was due because it was a very cold morning, never happened b4

Same here it might have been the cold mix with light drizzle. Just was wondering if there was any official reason why this would happen.

·
Registered
344 Posts
My windows make evil noises when there's dirt or gravel in the bottom edge.

·
I read your email...
1,069 Posts
My windows make evil noises when there's dirt or gravel in the bottom edge.
Whoa, if you mean the belt line of the car (or the window sill) you can cause big time scratching if you roll down the window with all that crap on there. It's especially noticeable on tinted windows. Ever look at older cars and see many vertical lines only on the side windows? That's the result. Might want to just run your finger along the edge to minimize the amount of dirt.

·
PC Load Letter?
8,346 Posts
I had that problem after I got the windows tinted, but just for a while - it's pretty much gone now. :dontknow:

·
Registered
592 Posts
I've been having the same problems, too. :mad: The the power windows wont go up automatically either, it stops about half-way and then drops back down. Damn pos power window.

·
Glock17
243 Posts
I've been having the same problems, too. :mad: The the power windows wont go up automatically either, it stops about half-way and then drops back down. Damn pos power window.
Just complained to the dealer about that issue on my car. All you have to do is go to your local Acura dealer and show them. They ended up replacing my driver side window regulator, all under warranty :thumbsup:

The cause of the problem is the fact that the RSX uses rubber window track lining, as opposed to felt, which has less resistance when it is drier outside. So as a solution, the guy suggested to spray the window tracks with silicone lubricant every other time I wash my car. This will keep the rubber from drying out, and keep your window regulator from over-working itself to death.

Anyways, it's really nice having a smooth window with auto-up actually working.

Good luck!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Whoa, if you mean the belt line of the car (or the window sill) you can cause big time scratching if you roll down the window with all that crap on there. It's especially noticeable on tinted windows. Ever look at older cars and see many vertical lines only on the side windows? That's the result. Might want to just run your finger along the edge to minimize the amount of dirt.
Yeah it's tough where I live, our roads have gravel and shit on them for 5 months of the year for the snow. There isn't usually dirt in there but every once in awhile:thumbsdow

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
did you guys try cleaning the track the window rolls up and down it... spray some silicone grease on a rag or paper towl... wrap that in a towel... run that in the channel the window rolls up n down in.... see if that helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Might have you covered on this one. I took my door apart to fix a dent and now i have the same problem. (plastic parts are never the same once they've been messed with.) SOLUTION: on the inside of the door there is a piece of weather stripping that sits on the door lining. The weather stripping is held on by metal clips. If those clips get F-ed with they're never really the same. NEway that weather stripping will rub against the window if it is at all lose and cause the sound you are hearing. If you have tented windows it will scratch your tint and make the sound worse. I just push the weather stripping with my fingers when rolling down my window so it doesn't make my tent worse. The piece cost 20 bucks and if u try to replace it the chances of making it worse are pretty good. Hopefully that helps if that is indeed the problem. attached is a diagram of the door lining.

Attachments

·
Banned
9,529 Posts
acura rsx windows are absolute garabage. After getting tints, my whole window dislodged off the track and fell in the door, luckily as it happened i grabbed the window with my cat like reflexes, and had to place it on the stupid blocks, so the window will not go down, but will go up. Took it to the dealer, still under warranty, they wont cover it they said, then my dad fuckin errupted on them, and we got a new window, now I have no tints on passenger side, and tints on the other. I suggest if you dont have tints and warranty, IMMEDIATELY take it to acura, they may just give u a new door for all their bullshit reason may be. Good luck

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
acura rsx windows are absolute garabage. After getting tints, my whole window dislodged off the track and fell in the door, luckily as it happened i grabbed the window with my cat like reflexes, and had to place it on the stupid blocks, so the window will not go down, but will go up. Took it to the dealer, still under warranty, they wont cover it they said, then my dad fuckin errupted on them, and we got a new window, now I have no tints on passenger side, and tints on the other. I suggest if you dont have tints and warranty, IMMEDIATELY take it to acura, they may just give u a new door for all their bullshit reason may be. Good luck
Sorry to hear about that man... your story and a ton of others is why I do not get my windows tinted in my RSX... kinda sucks that I can't do that cause of their shitty windows...

·
My torque is low like
12,935 Posts
did you guys try cleaning the track the window rolls up and down it... spray some silicone grease on a rag or paper towl... wrap that in a towel... run that in the channel the window rolls up n down in.... see if that helps.
just cleaned it.......all fixed + rep for you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Driver's side window just started this yesterday. Passenger side hasn't yet, but it hasn't been down in a while as it comes out of the track when it goes up!!! Dealership is supposed to be looking at it next week along with the horrible dash rattle...and sun roof rattle...and vibrating steering wheel. Oh yeah, I just got to 3000 miles this weekend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts