Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, just got my TypeS...yesterday and I don't want to sound too peachy but I am feeling the VIBES people staring at me/my car.

Call more than ten places that they are all like busy not open on the weekends...so I say fuck it...I will do it my self.

Here is LINK on instruction plus I know I can yet the tint stuff from PEP BOYS or any car shop.

You guys...should do it yourself...I know I will!

-Tenzin

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
well...if you'd like it to turn out well...hand your car over to a guy w/ GOOD tint...and that has been in the buisness for a while...my 2 cents. You get what you pay for!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
My friend tried to tint his own car and he f*cked up majorly bad! He gave up after 1 window. You have been warned! :p

·
Registered
757 Posts
as long as you keep the tint from folding on top of eachother and you put a healthy amount of soapy water on the windows before you apply the film... you should be able to move the tint around and get it right... its possible to do it well... however i would just rather have someone else do it so if something goes wrong i can have them fix it at no cost to minimal cost.... but DIY tint isnt that bad as long as you can find pre cut tint film and have a lot of patience....

·
Administrator
6,578 Posts
Don't buy no pep boys tint, it will probably turn purple after a few months.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You are brave to tint the car yourself. Unless you do tints very often, I am sure you will screw up big time. Don't go cheap in doing tints, do it right the first time because you want it to last for several years.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
WOAH....easy now peeps. Let'em learn. I know I did.....eck. Hell, because of the curve in my back window (98 Eclipse), the tint master who has been doing this job for over 15 years was swaering up and down about. I also agree, you do get what you pay for. I've had my tint on for 3 years and it still looks fantastic.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
o'right...o'right

I ain't cheap...the only reason I was gonna tint myself is becuase I couldn't get any other guy to do it for me...they were all busy...but I am going to get it done during my lunch time today...probally I will take 2 hour break.

Once, I get my the following installed
1. GC Coilvers
2. Titanium Trim
3. Tint
4. JDM Type R Wing

I will post a picture

·
Registered
603 Posts
Re: o'right...o'right

Tenzin said:
I ain't cheap...the only reason I was gonna tint myself is becuase I couldn't get any other guy to do it for me...they were all busy...but I am going to get it done during my lunch time today...probally I will take 2 hour break.

Once, I get my the following installed
1. GC Coilvers
2. Titanium Trim
3. Tint
4. JDM Type R Wings

I will post a picture
JDM Type R Wings? Even if you get two, it won't mean your car can fly. :p

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what the ....

Did I said, "When I get my JDM Type R wing, my car will FLY"?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Re: what the ....

Tenzin said:
Did I said, "When I get my JDM Type R wing, my car will FLY"?
Hahahaha, chill out. You said you're going to get the Type R wings... pluralized. Therefore I was just making a comment so don't get all bent out of shape.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so tint done

So, got my tint done...by a professional....cost me $153.

I had it 5% tint ..i know it's illegal..but my dad ford explorer had factory tint on it...plus I put 5% tint...really dark still have never been pull-over by cop.

-300 more miiles till break-in

·
Master baiter
11,278 Posts
muxx said:
Don't buy no pep boys tint, it will probably turn purple after a few months.
no probably to it.

if you choose to do it yourself use luumar tint. I have tinted several vehicles with it and it doesn't turn.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts