Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good method to use to get the water spots off my windows. ive done some research and it seems like claybar might do the job?:dontknow:

·
I <3 Bewst
1,716 Posts
I've heard of WD-40 but you gotta wash your car when your finish

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just washed it...discount auto. told me to scrub some glass cleaner. it seems like it did an ok job. isnt wd-40 bad for the paint? or does it come off when you wash the car?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
wd-40 is safe for paint but wash the area w/water when your done.

·
Registered
96 Posts
trevor2328 said:
i just washed it...discount auto. told me to scrub some glass cleaner. it seems like it did an ok job. isnt wd-40 bad for the paint? or does it come off when you wash the car?
didnt you say something for your window? not sure how paint all of a sudden got involved.

i use eagle one glass cleaner works like a charm.

if you referring to waterposts on your car itself, if all else fails use rubbing compound

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i know some excess wd-40 would get on the paint. i wasnt sure if it was bad for the clearcoat

·
Registered
79 Posts
Stoner makes a product called "Invisible Glass". You can sometimes get it at BJ's, or check the auto parts store. Works very well. An old trick is to use old newspapers to wipe the windows with the window cleaner.

·
zomg zomg
3,009 Posts
Use rubbing compound by 3m or a comparable brand, put it in an old was pad, and apply it to the window liek you do wax. use a bit a pressure and dont let it dry up to much as you are applying it. after ward wash the windows and then clean with glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth. That the method we use at my detail shop

·
I DONT OWN AN RSX ANYMORE
609 Posts
Vinegar is the best for taking water spots off of anything. It breaks down the minerals that cause water spots because it is lightly abraisive. You might have to scrub a little or wash them twice if the water spots are really bad. You can also try a vinegar based window wash but it wont be as potent as pure vinegar. Be sure to wash it off really good afterward, especially if its on paint.

·
Complete Part Out
16,861 Posts
slacker86 said:
so it is safe to apply rubbing compound / polish to the windows to try to get the waterspots out ??
i would assume so. i've also heard of using diamond ploish to get rid of fine scratches on your windshield. superiorcarcare.net also sells a window polishing kit i believe.

·
CNN's smart ass 'lil bro
3,006 Posts
Stoners Invisible Glass FT MF'N W

Seriously though, I tried several glass products and never could get "done" without leaving streaking or some other after effect.

I barely wipe with Stoners and it's done.

A product truly made...for stoners.

·
Complete Part Out
16,861 Posts
kenton said:
Stoners Invisible Glass FT MF'N W

Seriously though, I tried several glass products and never could get "done" without leaving streaking or some other after effect.

I barely wipe with Stoners and it's done.

A product truly made...for stoners.
lol

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Claybar for the stubborn spots. Seriously.

I use the Griots window cleaner and a MF towel. It takes off the mineral spots, I have city well water that is pretty hard, with no problems.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts