Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Is Going K24 (hoping...)
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was driving down 264 on the way back from the beach- and the whole entire peice that sits between the front pillar and the windshield (the decorative like cover up peice that meets the windshieldd to the metal) flew off and is who knows where.

So now. Its gone. and because of this the weather stripping thats on the top of the windshield is now violently flaring in the wind every time i go like over 50mph. I tried everything glueing it back and all.

Until i can order a new peice (anyone know from where?) How can i keep this peice from flyin everywhere and gettin that black gunky glue all over the top of my car.

its annoying.:firemad:

·
Is Going K24 (hoping...)
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
73152-S6M-003 (Right Side)
$57.45

73162-S6M-003 (Left Side)
$57.45

hhahahaaha. looks like thatll stay off for a while. thats raping right there. 60 for a peice of plastic. ill snatch one off some kids riced out 2 fast 2 furious rsx in some high school parking lot b4 i pay that lol

·
redlined rsx-s
700 Posts
^lol

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
hhahahaaha. looks like thatll stay off for a while. thats raping right there. 60 for a peice of plastic. ill snatch one off some kids riced out 2 fast 2 furious rsx in some high school parking lot b4 i pay that lol
I don't know why I just gave that option... Why don't you go to the part out section of the forum and see if someone will sell you that piece. I'm positive it will be a lot cheaper.

·
Is Going K24 (hoping...)
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know why I just gave that option... Why don't you go to the part out section of the forum and see if someone will sell you that piece. I'm positive it will be a lot cheaper.
lol, will do thanks. but still i appreciate the oem site suggestion too, i saw a couple of other things that i need on there that were relatively priced okay. so either way- it works :thumbsup:

·
Stackin Chips
85,896 Posts
I was missing the right side, bought a new one from OEMAcuraParts, put it on, now the LEFT side blew off LMAO.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Well, when I got my windshield replaced, the place didn't put them in correctly. I noticed when I was driving on the highway, they caught wind and were trying to fly away, but a few clips kept them on until I was able to get off the highway and clip the rest securely.

Other than that, I don't really know why they would come off.

·
Stackin Chips
85,896 Posts
?? lol. i think you mean the left side.

i wonder what makes them come off?
yeah lol. if they blew off, you most likely had ur windshield replaced at one point. they have to pull those off when replacing and all the tabs break.

·
Is Going K24 (hoping...)
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah lol. if they blew off, you most likely had ur windshield replaced at one point. they have to pull those off when replacing and all the tabs break.
yeahh i noticed that all of my windows says HONDA on them except my front one. So i guess that would be why. And i noticed my other one is bowed outwards. maybe off one of the tabs. ill guess ill be fixing that one 2m.

Thanks everyone. Prob gonna be lookin for an OEM Honda Windsheild soon. Just b/c im weird about it. :laughing:

·
Section 8
1,556 Posts
Well, when I got my windshield replaced, the place didn't put them in correctly. I noticed when I was driving on the highway, they caught wind and were trying to fly away, but a few clips kept them on until I was able to get off the highway and clip the rest securely.

Other than that, I don't really know why they would come off.
ThAT IS PROBABLY WHAT HAPPENED
THERE ARE 3 CLIPS THAT HOLD IT IN PLACE AND THEY CRACK EASILY IF YOURE NOT CAREFUL ABOUT REMOVING THEM

·
TCM
57 Posts
ThAT IS PROBABLY WHAT HAPPENED
THERE ARE 3 CLIPS THAT HOLD IT IN PLACE AND THEY CRACK EASILY IF YOURE NOT CAREFUL ABOUT REMOVING THEM

How would you replace the clips? They seem to be pop riveted on. If you got an idea how to take it off, it'll be greatly appreciated so that I may replace the old broken ones.

·
Registered
173 Posts
touche...one of my clips came unglued from the body of the car and the trim was rattling in the wind. Went to take the trim off to re glue the clip and broke alll the clips on the back of the trim.FML! im looking for that same piece for the drivers side! anyone have experience as far as replacing the trim?

·
Registered
27 Posts
How would you replace the clips? They seem to be pop riveted on. If you got an idea how to take it off, it'll be greatly appreciated so that I may replace the old broken ones.
I'm also interested in how these clips cans be removed... I broke 1 clip and I'm able to pull the trim piece a little bit to get access to the clip, but I don't know how it actually comes off. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I just want to glue the broken smaller piece back to the main clip. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts