Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
reviving this for a second

anyone come up with an ingenious solution to this issue of the breaking windshield trim pieces? any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
187 Posts
Mine was basically glued back on with the windshield rubber seal which is like tub sealer for your bathroom. All the clips on mine were broken (assumed during a previous windshield replacement). Get yourself a tube of clear rubber calk. Let it set overnight. You'll be good to go in the morning.
Paul

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yea you can. But the problem is, originally they installed the clips on to plastic post and then melted the post down to secure the clip. There's nothing left to secure to now. Just what I observed on my trim.
Paul

·
Registered
2006 Vivid Blue Pearl RSX Type-S
11 Posts
Anyone have a solution to this? My windshield was replaced and the passanger side trim was glued on but about 1inch down from where it should be. I took it off to try and fix it and discovered that 2 of the clips where broken off the trim.

I bought new trim and clips but there is still the old white rectangle strip where the metal clip used the be attached to. That's attached to the car with whatever Honda uses.

How can I remove them to install the new clips?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine broke off too while I was doing body work. Would like to know how to take them off without breaking sh*t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Vivid Blue Pearl RSX Type-S
11 Posts
I read a review on kseries parts someone left about the trim clips. When you purchase the clips new from Honda you must provide you own adhesive to attach the new clips to car.

I've already started picking away at the old base, I'll mark the areas with tape so I know where to glue the new clips in place.

I've considered just glueing the trim back in place but I'm really trying to do things 100% legit with this car and not have too much Jerry rigging going on.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts