Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
hypebeast
8,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after this winter season hit, i tried using my windshield fluid and it seems that the passenger side nozzle doesnt spray as normal as the other one...
it seems like something is blocking the opening or not enough pressure is being applied to the nozzle? anyone else have a problem with a crapped up nozzle? :(

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
16,800 Posts
well after this winter season hit, i tried using my windshield fluid and it seems that the passenger side nozzle doesnt spray as normal as the other one...
it seems like something is blocking the opening or not enough pressure is being applied to the nozzle? anyone else have a problem with a crapped up nozzle? :(
i got the same problem..word for word

·
Registered
870 Posts
me too... but i messed it up by painting them to match my carbon fiber.
you could buy a new one or try tooth pick... clean it out.. something like that...
btw... nice name.. lol

·
7,611 Posts
I just ordered a replacement rear nozzle.........to see if it will bring back the spray - instead of the dribble - to the rear.

Yeah, try cleaning it first, see if that helps. If not, since the other side is still strong, then try replacing the nozzle. They both use the same pump, so if one's performing differently than the other the problem must be in the line and/or nozzle.

·
JDM>USDM
38,437 Posts
:eek: Lid - do you mean the cover over the fill tube?! That caused a weak spray?!
Yeah, the cover/lid where you fill the washer fluid. I guess if it's not closed properly, it sucks in air so there's less fluid going through the tubes :dontknow:

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
16,800 Posts
Yeah, the cover/lid where you fill the washer fluid. I guess if it's not closed properly, it sucks in air so there's less fluid going through the tubes :dontknow:
the cap being open would def. have nothing to do with whats going on, in fact if the whole thing was air tight or whatever the system would never work....when the pump sprays the fluid the volume of fluid that was pumped has to be replaced by something (air) or else it wont move...a vacuum would form in the resivoir

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
16,800 Posts
the nozzle is prolly just clogged, it wouldnt be hard for a piece of something to fall into the tank when it was filled last

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
Take the nozzles off. They have two little tabs that are pushed in and then push up on the nozzle. Should pop right out. Don't put too much force because I know people have broken them.

Once the nozzle is off drop it in some hot water a let them soak for a few minutes. If need be use a toothpick to clean out.

·
hypebeast
8,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Take the nozzles off. They have two little tabs that are pushed in and then push up on the nozzle. Should pop right out. Don't put too much force because I know people have broken them.

Once the nozzle is off drop it in some hot water a let them soak for a few minutes. If need be use a toothpick to clean out.
thanks ill test it tout

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
i have the same thing...i just deal :dontknow: tried cleaning it and blow what might be inside out...didnt work

·
I heart boobs!
573 Posts
Have you tried a toothpick to maybe clean the crap out from the opening of the nozzle? maybe you waxed your car and some wax got stuck in the little hole...worth a shot...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts