Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2003 RSX Nighthawk Black
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind do you use. i need to put some in my car and do not want to run into the same problem that i did with my last car. for some reason the brand that i last used left run marks on the hood of my car. so what is everyone using. i live in jersey so if any of those deicer or rainex brands are good let me know. thanks...........

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've just been using the cheap blue stuff from like wal-mart of somewhere. Seems ot be working for me, just make sure u get the stuff that says it won't freeze to like -20 or whatever.

OT where in S. Jersey are u?

·
2003 RSX Nighthawk Black
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am in lacey township. exit 74 on the parkway. i have cousins who went to shawnee highschool in medford.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
RainX has a product that de-ices the windsheild. I have been using that.. It's pink, but it does the job... Consider it.

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
Rain-X makes great washer fluid. Pink stuff for bugs in the summer and orange stuff for ice in the winter.

·
2003 RSX Nighthawk Black
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
last name is mckenna. i think they are orlder than you. they are in there 20s. do you have any older siblings.

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
yea that orange rainx shit works AMAZING. Iced windshield is no problem for the rainx its perfect, driving to canada with that and back oh man i call it a life saver. I need to get more u just wanna spray it all day with Bosch blades haha

·
Registered
71 Posts
Firedc5... Don't use anti-freeze (engine coolant). There are windsheild washer fluids that are supposed to be good for winter time use (I'm going to try the rainex products myself at some point). I've always used the cheap blue stuff, but like it was stated above make sure it is good to 20 below.

·
San Diego OG RSX
2,813 Posts
HAHA...i dont have to worry abot a windshield washer because i didnt relocate mine when i installed my AEM CAI. Weight Reduction!!!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
They didnt put any fluid in my tank when I got my car back from the shop after the accident. WEnt to the auto shop, and the only kind they had was this pink looking stuff that de-ices and it actually advertises to "freshen the air in your car" Looks and smells pretty good. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
tom1286 said:
I've just been using the cheap blue stuff from like wal-mart of somewhere. Seems ot be working for me, just make sure u get the stuff that says it won't freeze to like -20 or whatever.

OT where in S. Jersey are u?
me too. i have to add mine in every 3 days. damn, rsx front and back shield wipers use a lot of juice. i want to give that rain-x a try..not the spray on, but the windshield fluid kind..anybody uses this?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts