Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
FREE IRAN!!!!
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got an a-spec wing and i tried to put it on only to find that 2 of the 4 holes were completely stripped. in desperation to tighten down the last 2, one more stripped. i think i'm using the right size bolts because the last one holding it down fits and is tight. so what are my options? i just want this thing to stay on :(

·
Track Whore
2,471 Posts
i just got an a-spec wing and i tried to put it on only to find that 2 of the 4 holes were completely stripped. in desperation to tighten down the last 2, one more stripped. i think i'm using the right size bolts because the last one holding it down fits and is tight. so what are my options? i just want this thing to stay on :(
is there double side tape at the bottom of each side of the wing? That's what my wing has. Also all 4 bolts.

·
Track Whore
2,471 Posts

·
FREE IRAN!!!!
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is there double side tape at the bottom of each side of the wing? That's what my wing has. Also all 4 bolts.
no it doesn't but i dont think i want my wing being held on by just 1 bolt and some tape :dontknow:

·
FREE IRAN!!!!
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok it turns out that the threads inside the wing are some form of a metal plug??? well i took it to a body shop and they punched the god damn things through into the wing. so now i have 4 metal plugs rattling around inside my wing. they told me i need to get 4 new plugs and so i went to a nut + bolt shop and they didn't have any small enough. so now i have 4 gaping holes where the plugs used to be in my wing and my trunk is wingless. wtf do i do?? plz help

·
FREE IRAN!!!!
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
i have pics of what the holes look like. have them on email so i can email them to you...can anybody help plz?

EDIT: or if not this, can someone tell me what the plugs are called that are in the wing? i'm talking about the plugs that have the threading...what are these called? thx

·
Track Whore
2,471 Posts
i have pics of what the holes look like. have them on email so i can email them to you...can anybody help plz?

EDIT: or if not this, can someone tell me what the plugs are called that are in the wing? i'm talking about the plugs that have the threading...what are these called? thx
post the pics on this thread so us club member can figure it out cause I'm confuse with the plugs.

·
FREE IRAN!!!!
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
turns out that i may need well nuts...bad news because they aren't the most common hardware out there...here's the pic. as you can see the hole on the right is unthreaded which is because the plug that had the threading in it was punched through into the wing...all 4 were done like this

·
Track Whore
2,471 Posts
hmmm...seems like you need to purchase some at a Acura Dealer or some sort of OEM parts online.

·
FREE IRAN!!!!
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
whoooo got it fixed...a $2.20 fix too. if anybody has this problem where they are missing the plugs in their wing and have unthreaded holes, go to your local bolt+nut hardware store (not home depot or lowe's...the employees dont even know what this is), and pick up some well nuts. they expand as you tighten down the bolt so it's a very good fit. ty to whoever invented these and +rep :thumbsup:

some more info on well nuts:
http://www.emhart.com/products/pop/wellnut.asp

just decided to post this for anybody else who may be having this problem

·
Track Whore
2,471 Posts
Good job on finding this & finally installing your wing also find this on Acura dealers or OEM Parts Online.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts