Banned
13,970 Posts
check the member section or search I have type R hit
under my name to see it

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Shiraz said:
The big difference between the two is height - the Wings West is a little lower than the Type-R.

True dat....essentially they look the same only the wings west doen't sit as high and has the Wings West logo on the side of the wing. I have the Type S Spoiler that Wings West sells and I love it.

·
Zoom Zoom Zoom!!!
373 Posts
Wow.... this has been debated wayyyyyyy toooo much... heh ok well wings west wing is a little lower and curved at the top, and the top fins on the sides protrude out a bit more. It is called the "type s" wing. Heh as for the Type R wing, it's a bit thicker and higher and the notches at the tp do not proturde as much:

WIngs West:

Type R:

Attachments

·
Zoom Zoom Zoom!!!
373 Posts
My car again w/ type R:;) :thumbsup:
Oh yea if i were you go with the type r wing. At first I got the wings west but then the two logos on the side made it look unclean and i dunno the whole wing just looked kinda whimpy to me when I got it so i returned it. Went to another place and got my type r wing... and im still loving it:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Banned
13,970 Posts
the bad thing about wingwest is those gay stickers on the side of the w/ing

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
But those are pretty easy to remove right? And if you get a replica WW, it doesn't have those on the side...

·
Zoom Zoom Zoom!!!
373 Posts
03RSX-S said:
the bad thing about wingwest is those gay stickers on the side of the w/ing
THoes arnt stickers... thoes are chrome plate you have to screw into a cut out made on the side of the wing.

As for remoginv that slot for the WW plate logos... you would have to go to a body shop and ask them to putty it up for you... why not save yourself some trouble and just get the type r wing....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :spin:

·
RJKSpeed3
1,462 Posts
yeah....i want to remove that w logo on my WW wing... but the body shop quoted me 150 to get it shaved and painted...

·
Banned
13,970 Posts
www.spoilersto.com sells a replica I paid $290 shipped but I think they raised the price...if u want the real JDM piece which is of better material the store on here sells it

·
Zoom Zoom Zoom!!!
373 Posts
oh yea it was like 190 heh:thumbsup: :wavey: :wavey: :driving:

·
Registered
88 Posts
oh ok i looked on the store here...i didnt even think about looking there.

im new to this whole car thing...just trying to learn..thanks again~

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I like my wings west minus the chrome plated ww on the sides. If that wasn't there I wouldn't be shopping for a new one..but it is so I am going to get rid of it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts