Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put in my wink mirror today and i love it. but the problem is, it vibrates like hell. it shakes like it has a spasm when i try to look behind me while driving or even at idle.
i used the sun visor mounts. i dont care about the visors but i was thinking it the winshield mounts would make it not shake. if i added those along with the mounts i have now.

any other suddgestions??
HELP

and everythings tight as it goes, and the mirrors pushed up forward against my roof to help a bit

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
DC5-R (車両型式に&#1
2,744 Posts
i had to use the windshield mount w/ the glue didnt get rid of it but it helped alot

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
if you connect the wink people or the company they will give you a new one, thats what happened to me i got a new one and no more shakes :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
not a fan of the wink mirrors. :mam: go broadway. :fyea:

·
Sith Lord
3,746 Posts
I pushed mine all the way up against the roof center console with the light swithches and tightended it down...

then I put a rubber washer between the wink mirror and the visor holders on each side.

no more vibration.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i had to use the windshield mount w/ the glue didnt get rid of it but it helped alot
yeah the windshield mount is only 6 bucks and it will cover the ugly gold holes in the front..
if you connect the wink people or the company they will give you a new one, thats what happened to me i got a new one and no more shakes :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
i got mine from oreily auto parts. i dont really wanna have to take it all off..
I pushed mine all the way up against the roof center console with the light swithches and tightended it down...

then I put a rubber washer between the wink mirror and the visor holders on each side.

no more vibration.
pic of washers and placement???
and where you get em..size..etc.

would the washers do the job or should i get the windshield mount too and have like the ultimate support?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pics of your mirrors?
including you broadway people:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its starting to piss me off. ive put washers in every possible spot, took them out, nothing seems to be making it better.

mschaidle where the hell did you put the washers?? could you post a pic? and idk how big of a washer youre using cause obviously what im doing isnt doing shit to eliminate the vibrating like yours did.

·
Sith Lord
3,746 Posts
ok so its really hard to take a pic from the inside with all the reflection, but here you go.

I will try to explain.

this just shows how I have the wink mirror pushed forward not hanging strait down.

this pic I tried to show how the wink mirror was pushed up against the roof.

In these you can see how the wink mirror is almost touching the hanger for the visor on the passenger side. (this is where I put the washer) as you can see by the red circle the mirror corners are pushed up against the bolts that hold it up...

Here is the washer. I got it at menards its a thin washer used for a sink.

I hope this helps a bit at least.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
:awwyea:

·
Sith Lord
3,746 Posts

·
Sith Lord
3,746 Posts
One letter away from a twink when you sport a wink. Uninstall and get something not hellafgt.

:troll:
I hate the whole sticker bomb thing that the hellaflush nut swingers have done with the wink mirror, but I love the mirror itself...

I will prob never remove it from my car.

·
Textbook Narcissist
1,861 Posts
Meh. It seems to be expected on cars that hellaflush, sticker bomb, hellabomb etc. it out. My friend has a graffiti one says low budget our little douche bag ****** loosely considered car crew. Looks iight but then again he's a hellaflush fgt.

I digress, I honestly can't see shit out of one mainly cuz I'm 6'2. Seems hellaunfunctional.

·
Sith Lord
3,746 Posts
Meh. It seems to be expected on cars that hellaflush, sticker bomb, hellabomb etc. it out. My friend has a graffiti one says low budget our little douche bag ****** loosely considered car crew. Looks iight but then again he's a hellaflush fgt.

I digress, I honestly can't see shit out of one mainly cuz I'm 6'2. Seems hellaunfunctional.
I hope my car is anything but hellaflush...

It takes a bit of getting used to it. gotta angle it correctly. But I don't even use my side mirrors anymore.

I'm 6' so I pushed mine up as high as I could.

·
Textbook Narcissist
1,861 Posts
I hope my car is anything but hellaflush...

It takes a bit of getting used to it. gotta angle it correctly. But I don't even use my side mirrors anymore.

I'm 6' so I pushed mine up as high as I could.
The one I mentioned above was a shit40. All the way up. Still felt hellaretarded. My Broadway is just perfect.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts