Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here live in upstate New York and use Hoffman's car wash? The Acura dealer recommended it (and gave me tickets for a few free washes).

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I don't really like to use car washes, but when you're in a hurry, you have no choice. Sometimes I think I'm better off leaving it dirty than to take it through a car wash. Each facility is different. Ask them if they use recycled water, etc.

A better choice would be those self serve washes. Bring you own brush and lots of quarters. Don't be pressured into washing it quick b/c of the time limit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i dont touch my car with a brush,and hey you live in upstate new york?i know ive seen a hoffman car wash somewhere before,anyway i live in syracuse

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I'm from upstate ny as well..

I've had a few friends who have worked at hoffmans and they have told me (atleast 3 friends). To NOT take my car through the car wash. As some cars with rust/dirt will go through and this will get on the rollers and then leave some pretty swirlies on your car.

M

·
0 Posts
Hey...I dont know if you guys have them upstate but if you could bring your car to a detiling shop or a place where they do a hand wash, you will be better off. It will cost more money but some shops usually run specials. Here on Long island I pay $13 for a hand wash, vaccum, glass in and out, clean wheels and tires, and tire shine. I never goto a car wash.

·
www.arsoct.com
1,153 Posts
NO NO NO...DON'T TAKE IT TO THE DRIVE-THRU CAR WASH!!!! I used to work at a local car wash when I had my (black) civic, and that one time I took my car thru, it came out scratched like hell. Those car wash drive thru things scratch your car, period. The touchless auto does a bad job on them, and leaves dirt. Get a bucket, soap, detail cloth, and a shammy, and go into a do-it-yourself bay. After all, this is an ACURA not a toyota or something.

:cool:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey my2k1vtec, where on the island do you get your washes???

I live in Farmingdale during the week, and Bayside, Queens on the weekends.

-Profet

R

·
0 Posts
dynozone84 said:
i dont touch my car with a brush,and hey you live in upstate new york?i know ive seen a hoffman car wash somewhere before,anyway i live in syracuse
When I went to school in Syracuse I used to take my car to a place on Erie Blvd. right across from the Mall near/in Dewitt. I forget the name of the damn mall and the car wash but they vaccum it, and take reall good care of it....you can watch it through the whole process. It was worth the 7 bucks or whatever it cost.

Go ORANGEMEN!

M

·
0 Posts
Profet said:
Hey my2k1vtec, where on the island do you get your washes???

I live in Farmingdale during the week, and Bayside, Queens on the weekends.

-Profet
Hey Profet, I live in Lynbrook but I get my car detailed at J and T auto detailing on Scherer blvd in Franklin square. I used to work there a few years back. This winter I may be doing detailing at Ultima Performance in Lynbrook on saturdays. So if that happens I will be cleaning my car there. Ill see what happens.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Car washes - now I'm shuddering . . .

Touchless ones - dont clean the best, but at least they get the bulk of the dirt, salt etc off . . .

Do-it-yourself - NEVER use the brushes on the hose they have there. Take you r own supplies - two buckets , 2 mitts etc . In the winter the car will be very dirty - dip a mitt in the clean bucket and wash the car. Rinse off the mitt in the second bucket to keep the dirt out of your wash water.

A word of cautio0n about those "hand wash " places.

Check out their facilities - some advertise hand wash and dry - but they actually have their own tiny little version of a cloth wash, then they hand dry. Those cloth washes are murder, since they trap dirt right into the cloth and start whacking it against your paint - :eek:

If they wash by hand - check out their wash material - it is possible they are not using the same quality products that you would - and as for drying - ohhh man, they rub soo hrd with cloth's that have been used over and over again - and also not likely to be as good as the Royal Velvet by Fieldcrest that a concerned owner would use. If you have checked the place out , and they meet your requirements - that is great. And there are lots that do - just be sure yours does.

But, when it comes down to it - they are in biz to get you in , get you out and get you money! They dont care like you do.

Again, I dont want to smear any if the good guys out there - just check them out first!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts