Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mercy is for the weak!
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Figured I'd write a review on this kit since not many people use their products on this site. Over all I had a great experience with the kit as a whole. This was my first time using a PC and was hooked up very graciously at Autogeek.net.

First I did a hand wash with Megs Gold class. Dried then clayed pretty much my whole car. Its never been clayed in its 4 years being on the road so I figured I should put the work in now. For this I used the Mother's clay kit with spray. Worked great.

Anyway the kit comes with a PC obviously and Wolfgang's Total Swirl Remover which is a light to moderate abrasive. Being a newb I didnt use it nearly long enough. Even after watching thier video I still didnt work this in as long as I should have. I was worked I was burning or marring once it broke down a little but now I know you can work this till it almost looks gone and thats how you're supposed to do it. Regardless of not doing a proper swirl removal I had incredible results on my NBP. I can honestly say it took care of about 90% of the swirls that were on my car and I'm sure if I kept it on a little longer it would be more like 98%.
This stuff got dusty when dry but nothing outrageous. I spread with 3 and worked in @ 4.5. Buffed out by hand with MF towel

The second step was Wolfgang's Glaze which is supposed to "polish the polish" so to speak, you put this over the TSR to clear the dull shine and finish the polish, I really could'nt see a difference when I was finished with this process. I could see a little more shine off it but I would almost say its worth skipping but it is another layer of protection. This stuff was dusty when dry too but not as much as the TSR. Again I spread with 3 and worked in @ 4.5. Buffed out by hand with MF towel

Lastly there is the Wolfgang Paint Sealant 3.0. I really cant say enough good stuff about this product. Its enhancement to the paint is really incredible. Its extremely easy to apply and remove and little goes a long way. This was by far the easiest process of the whole detail. Set it to 3, work it so its evenly spread. Wait 45mins and buff out. I used the MF sock that came with the kit and put it over the buffing pad and it made short work of sealant removal.

All in all this was a great experience and I'm pleased. Only problem I have is the car seems to almost be statically charged. I got major pollen attachment in a matter of hours after cruising. I let the sealant cure in my garage for 24hrs before I took it out. I followed every step to a T pretty much.

When I picked the brain of an Autogeek rep he said I should trying washing the car which could remove static charge. One of the reasons I got the kit was because the polymer based products claim when applied correctly there will be 0 foothold for dirt and debris so I'm a little pissed about that and also curious as to why this is happening.

If anyone could chime in on why or how, I'd love to hear it.

Anyway this thread would suck w.o pics, I already made a one in the showoff forum because I wanted to keep the show off and product review seperate.

Here's the link: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=587279

·
Absolute Pro-Formance
15,515 Posts
I am a HUGE-HUGE-HUGE fan of wolfgang's brand stuff, glad to see someone else liked it.

·
pain = gain
2,110 Posts
I'm a perfectionist/clean freak with it comes to my car.. I've just never had experience with this stuff as well as anyone I know closely. I just wonder still the learning curve of correct use of a PC on the car so you don't mess up your paint instead of fixing it. I see plenty of videos of the motions and only the pressure of the PC itself against the car but there's got to more to it. Seeing my car the other night when some flood lights from the house were shining on my hood you can really see how fked up my paint is.. swirls/cobwebbing whatever all over it.. :noes:

·
Mercy is for the weak!
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm a perfectionist/clean freak with it comes to my car.. I've just never had experience with this stuff as well as anyone I know closely. I just wonder still the learning curve of correct use of a PC on the car so you don't mess up your paint instead of fixing it. I see plenty of videos of the motions and only the pressure of the PC itself against the car but there's got to more to it. Seeing my car the other night when some flood lights from the house were shining on my hood you can really see how fked up my paint is.. swirls/cobwebbing whatever all over it.. :noes:
I went through the same shit man, seriouisly I LOVE when my car is clean because its such a chore and I wanted to go to that next level in detailing besides hand apply stuff which never comes out right. I was pretty worried about using a spinning machine on my paint but I took the plunge and said F it.

It's seriously as easy as everyone says, dont be scared. All you have to do is follow the directions the first time and seriously by the end of the detail you're developing techniques and really getting the hang of it and seeing what the machine is actually doing. This kind of detail in unparalleled to doing it by hand. If you have the money, do it.

There is tons of tech support on this stuff and I def recommend this kit for NBP. One word of advice, I would absolutely use a clay bar before using this, its truely a miracle product in car care and give better bonding due to less contaminants, plus it flat out looks and feels gorgeous.

·
pain = gain
2,110 Posts
guess if I wanted to take this route would $200 be enough for all supplies, including PC

·
Mercy is for the weak!
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
guess if I wanted to take this route would $200 be enough for all supplies, including PC
I think if you shopped hard you could find it, my kit was 270 but came with everything I needed and some extras like backing plate for the pad and microfiber covers to help buff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts