Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dont replace, upgrade
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the k-tuned RH and I threw a check engine light and its saying its not reading the secondary oxygen sensor and I was wondering if it was because of how the tube extends out of the test pipe because the stock one goes right into the cat. Also I was wondering if anyone else who has this header has had the same problem.

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,203 Posts
Since you are non-stock now it will read that your cat is bad/missing -- that's all the secondary O2 sensor does on the RSX

·
Dont replace, upgrade
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since you are non-stock now it will read that your cat is bad/missing -- that's all the secondary O2 sensor does on the RSX
So can I just delete that code without it fucking anything up?

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,203 Posts
You can run just fine with the code, but it will keep coming back if you clear it. I have a defouler and assumed that was the code but later figured out I had another code for something else. So just keep that in mind. I eventually got the Hondata RH reflash which clears that code indefinitely, and gives you VTEC at 4000rpm! :vtec:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Get Hondata; KPRO or the ReFlash = Problem Solved

Do it

3, 2, 1

DO ITTTTTT

·
Registered
190 Posts
Everyone is spot on. First hand I never had much luck with an O2 simulator - if it was built into the header or one you bolt on. Save yourself some frustration and invest in KPro. You’re going to need it in order to get the full potential out of your mods.

·
Dont replace, upgrade
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I'm looking to do some other things like a cold air intake, intake manifold and just small shit like that so once I'm done I'll get either of those plus I want to dyno tune it. Thanks for all the help.

·
Dont replace, upgrade
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Those few small improvements add up to a lot of fun. You may want to check out the eTuning process as well.
Idk about etuning. I've heard ALOT of bad about it but then again I've heard some good too. I know a guy that can dyno tune my car for me and hook me up so that's the main reason I'm going that rout.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts