Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MY OTHER RIDE IS A VETTE
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched this forum and don't believe I didn't find anything.

So I thought I'd start this after hearing a couple other members complain of pain issues while working out. Maybe if we have our own thread to check in - complain and if we have to not bore others, Give each other encouragement and advice, and keep a running tab of our individual progress and set-backs maybe we can help each other.

It might be a fail but I have a b/g in MT, and I'm sure other ppl have helpful exp or b/g esp since we have a student nurse thread somewhere --- you never know what works for one person might work for another.

So if anyone has chronic condition or just a temporary injury post up and will all do what we can.

Start with list of activities and pain issues.

·
MY OTHER RIDE IS A VETTE
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay I'll get it going.

I never had lower back pain before - always upper. Ralph helped me with tips for running with it - need more advice if anyone has on that. I do wear inserts - maybe need better ones? opinions please.

Sit-up question. What is better with lower pack pain? the planks - in TKD they were just calisthenics - scissor legs, raise and hold, core stuff - lower back pressed to ground.

Or
Crunches - a lot - since need more to do the same as ^.

Or what else s better for stomach muscles with back pain? I haven't been to a gym in yrs so :dontknow:

Maybe some fad ball work?

·
Knight Armament SR-635
36,643 Posts
Okay I'll get it going.

I never had lower back pain before - always upper. Ralph helped me with tips for running with it - need more advice if anyone has on that. I do wear inserts - maybe need better ones? opinions please.

Sit-up question. What is better with lower pack pain? the planks - in TKD they were just calisthenics - scissor legs, raise and hold, core stuff - lower back pressed to ground.

Or
Crunches - a lot - since need more to do the same as ^.

Or what else s better for stomach muscles with back pain? I haven't been to a gym in yrs so :dontknow:

Maybe some fad ball work?
this is what my chiropractor reminds, planks. My back is jack up. I need to start working out again :rest

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
Didn't ever have any lower back problems until I started working at the hospital. Being on my feet all the time, it gets to you.

I just go light on my back exercises and if it doesn't help, I go to the chiropractor lol.

·
MY OTHER RIDE IS A VETTE
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I'll try that thanks

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,103 Posts
Herniated L4/L5 and L5/S1 last April, partly from degenerative disc and from constant use (lifting 6 days a week and running 4 days a week).

I had to take a few months away and did some PT also but since August I have been back pretty regularly. I have figured out what I can and cant do with my back. Keeping my core strong and engaged is extremely helpful in all activities. Just plain being smart about what I am doing has been the biggest help.
No more:
Olympic lifting (Snatches, Clean and Jerk, etc.)
Deadlifts
Mostly anything bent over
Running :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts