Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
boost is better
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well its all over. was driving home last night in the turnpike when all of the sudden i heard a faint pop sound. THEN orange around my whole car and inside filled with dense black smoke. trailing my car was a huge fireball. now im thinking the turbo might have seized and the pressure in the feed line was so great that it broke the line and the hot oil started to fire.

pulled over looked under the car and saw a small flame. popped the hood and it was theinsulation on the brake lines... well after waiting 45 mins for penndot and a fire company to arive, those small little flames made their way all the way to the back of the car.... well then u can imgine the rest.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
ouch, well count the good time you HAD with the car

·
Lurker
34,690 Posts
well its all over. was driving home last night in the turnpike when all of the sudden i heard a faint pop sound. THEN orange around my whole car and inside filled with dense black smoke. trailing my car was a huge fireball. now im thinking the turbo might have seized and the pressure in the feed line was so great that it broke the line and the hot oil started to fire.

pulled over looked under the car and saw a small flame. popped the hood and it was theinsulation on the brake lines... well after waiting 45 mins for penndot and a fire company to arive, those small little flames made their way all the way to the back of the car.... well then u can imgine the rest.
:eek: omg dude that blows... glad to hear your okay though!!

·
boost is better
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea we are fine. and im not sure what exactly caused it but im pretty sure it was the feed line. there was oil all over the road... i dont think it was the motor casue it didnt make all that much noise. jus a faint little pop sound.

·
RED DRAGONS!!!
11,903 Posts
Wow that sucks man, looks like you had a lot of time and money invested in it too. Looks like its pretty much burnt from front to rear, what do you pan on doing with the car now, junkyard?

·
boost is better
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow that sucks man, looks like you had a lot of time and money invested in it too. Looks like its pretty much burnt from front to rear, what do you pan on doing with the car now, junkyard?

thats not burnt. only the backs of the front seats are singed. thats all that foam shit they sprayed on it with a fire extinguisher. im goin to try to buy it back from the insurance and part it out if the motor and turbo are fine.

·
boost is better
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow. I am also glad your OK. I am a firefighter and have been to tons of car fires. They go up mad fast. Doesnt take long thats for sure.
took about a half hour for the flame to find its way to the gas vapors.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts