Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently thinking of going a straight 2.5” exhaust all the way from the cat and with a Greddy Revolution Rs tip. It would be for a base but will a base be able to crackle. Im all stock. Mostly in it for the sound but as well as an exhaust to put a smile on my face 🙂 thanks (2002 Acura Rsx)

·
Registered
829 Posts
On a downshift, yes. I’m not sure why you think a base can’t produce the same sound... but it’ll sound like farts and rice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tall, unpainted wing and wants big exhaust with a "crackle" sound?

The fuck is this, 2003?
well whatever year you want it to be, everything has a start to it. Not everyone does the same shit the same way. we all end up on the same page at the end when it comes to looks and cosmetics. At least its the oem type r wing and not some “big wang” type of shit. Seriously. I just want a fun car i’ll convert to type s at some point. At least im not that guy with flames on his car or altezza taillights. lmao but yeah i’ll take care of that stuff at some point just wanted to ask about exhaust thats all. haha

·
Registered
1,873 Posts

The fuck is this, 2003?
:rotfl: Let him be, crackling and popping has been a trend lately. I hear the performance shops that have been around for a while hate tuning cars to crackle as they decelerate, though. I saw a BMW in traffic a week or so ago that kept accelerating and then letting off just to make the noise. I felt embarrassed driving near him in an obviously modified car that other people in traffic probably associated as being the same thing.

It is an ECU tune that does that, by the way. Sometimes a cat delete can cause backfires, but probably not in the way you're after. It's probably a combination of the two.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The fuck is this, 2003?
<a href="http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/rotfl.gif" border="0" alt="" title="ROTFL" ></a> Let him be, crackling and popping has been a trend lately. I hear the performance shops that have been around for a while hate tuning cars to crackle as they decelerate, though. I saw a BMW in traffic a week or so ago that kept accelerating and then letting off just to make the noise. I felt embarrassed driving near him in an obviously modified car that other people in traffic probably associated as being the same thing.

It is an ECU tune that does that, by the way. Sometimes a cat delete can cause backfires, but probably not in the way you're after. It's probably a combination of the two.
ive heard that the type s pops with just a straight through pipe after the cat, thats why i wasnt sure if it would be the same for a base since its has less compression and the differences in the head internals. I know the bmw’s do it a alot. I dont want a crackle/popcorn tune either because then it’ll happen no matter what to the point where its too repetitive. Yes it’ll pop less than it would without a cat but i just want that every now and then pop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Currently thinking of going a straight 2.5” exhaust all the way from the cat and with a Greddy Revolution Rs tip. It would be for a base but will a base be able to crackle. Im all stock. Mostly in it for the sound but as well as an exhaust to put a smile on my face 🙂 thanks (2002 Acura Rsx)
What a ricer! How old are you...17 you give all the other rsx drivers a bad rep. If you want to really snap, crackle, and pop get a turbo and then straight pipe it then it will sound like pure sex. haha. rofl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts